corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » My iPad is on its way!

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My iPad is on its way!
Cosmo

User status: Offline
4th May 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That was always happening, it has sold an impressive amount for a device nobody needs though.

Hopefully the antitrust lawsuits will slow them down a bit, lawyers finally picking on somebody other than microsoft for a change.

The anti trust thing will be brushed under the carpet, its not even aiming at the Flash/HTML5 thing, its mainly looking at the mobile advertising of both Apple and Google.
Cosmo

4th May 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
tbh even Microsoft have come out and said HTML5 is the way forward, and with 1,000,000 being sold already before it even goes on sale in the rest of the world its only a matter of time before sites start using it to be compatible with the iPad and iPhone - as I said a while back in the other ipad thread.

what now? not up to speed with tech stuff

Flash = the normal
HTML5 = what apple think should be used, and now Microsoft have said the same

So therefore with all these sales of both the iPad and the iPhone sites will soon all start to use HTML5 instead of flash.
Joe

4th May 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John is such a fanboy.
Cosmo

4th May 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
John is such a gayboy.

Joe

4th May 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe
Bart

4th May 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
id love one but the lack of flash is too much of a negative factor when its main use would be internet.

Jailbreak / Flash plugin for Safari, job done

I must say, I do like the Rock/Cydia apps more on the pad, also youtube is a pleasure to use, much different to the iphone;

[Edited on 04-05-2010 by Bart]
Cosmo

4th May 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What be rock and Cydia?
LeeM

4th May 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What be rock and Cydia?

cydia is apps and stuff you can only put on jailbroken phones, rock i have no idea?
Cosmo

4th May 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of extra (good) apps are available over a non-jailbroken iphone/ipad?
LeeM

4th May 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got winterboard which allows for much more customisation, backgrounder so i can leave apps runnin in the background, categories so i can put all my games in their own folder.
also free apps like tomtom
Bart

4th May 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
What be rock and Cydia?

cydia is apps and stuff you can only put on jailbroken phones, rock i have no idea?

rock is the same as cydia.

It's pretty much an app store with no boundaries.
Until 4.0 you could create desktop folders, themes, ringtones, mods, even Bluetooth file transfer apps
LeeM

4th May 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just installed rock from cydia but it wont connect to server :s
Dom

4th May 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rock and Cydia are both basically appstores for Jailbroken iphones/ipads. As for software, you can get pretty much everything that apple have banned - teathering apps, bluetooth apps etc

bart - What's the deal with getting flash for safari? I'm guessing it isn't full flash (so no flash apps etc)? Did you use something like iMobileCinema or one of those flash-video convert websites (like iphone.livebuster.com / itransmogrify)?
Dom

4th May 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
tbh even Microsoft have come out and said HTML5 is the way forward, and with 1,000,000 being sold already before it even goes on sale in the rest of the world its only a matter of time before sites start using it to be compatible with the iPad and iPhone - as I said a while back in the other ipad thread.

not quite true, Microsoft have said they are only supporting H264 for HTML5 video for IE9 and not free codecs like OGG Theora (>HERE<). Flash will still be available to IE9 via a flash plugin (as always).
AndyKent

4th May 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That was always happening, it has sold an impressive amount for a device nobody needs though.

Whether or not people need it is irrelevant though. Who really 'needs' a smartphone. Not many people yet there are tens of millions out there.

Demand for it has been shown certainly in America and I think IF they get the price right over here demand will be just as strong. Does depend on the cost a lot though. I would still love one but pushing £500 is just too much for the basic version. £400 I can stand but £500 really will be over the top.
Cosmo

4th May 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

not quite true, Microsoft have said they are only supporting H264 for HTML5 video for IE9 and not free codecs like OGG Theora (>HERE<). Flash will still be available to IE9 via a flash plugin (as always).

Yeah they arent backing up what they are saying with what they are supporting, but they have said that HTML is the future and Flash has too many flaws to be the choice in the years to come.
Dom

4th May 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Yeah they arent backing up what they are saying with what they are supporting, but they have said that HTML is the future and Flash has too many flaws to be the choice in the years to come.

Dean Hachamovitch was bashing Flash on his blog a few weeks back, but to be honest it means naff all as flash will be supported via the plugin.
And Apple produce far worse shit than Adobe and their Flash, ie: QuickTime - what a heap of bloated shit that is!
Bart

5th May 10 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
bart - What's the deal with getting flash for safari? I'm guessing it isn't full flash (so no flash apps etc)?

Yes IMobileCinema.
Its not true flash, to enable playing flash games (im not interested in that), just the safari plugin, to enable me to play flash videos etc.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll