corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Using my car without timing cover?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using my car without timing cover?
Root

User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got the head sorted and bottom and top pulley timed up. I've lost the top part of the timing cover along the way, can I run the car without BOTH parts of the timing cover or do they bolt into something that holds something on etc? for example.

cheers
lee_dodd

26th Feb 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine mate
Root

26th Feb 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C12NZ.

1.2 8v
Kevxx

26th Feb 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your on about the cambelt cover, its not needed. but i'd fit it, if you have it.

Root

26th Feb 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
if your on about the cambelt cover, its not needed. but i'd fit it, if you have it.

I have the lower part, the upper part is missing. I'm not gonna bother fitting it right now, I need the car due to the weather and I can't be arsed pissing about with a cover if it will be fine for a day without one, due to the weather

cheers, off to put the coilpack back on, plug it all in and jump start it and hope for the best

New Poll