corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » major flatspot!! x16xe

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author major flatspot!! x16xe
Will94

User status: Offline
18th Oct 08 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smokey corsa
my initial thought was compression test, if the compression, timing and fueling are spot on and there are no air leaks then try fitting your new speedo cable and leave your battery disconnected for a good hour. this should solve problem and re-programme your ecu (although it will run like shit for a few minutes).

^^ i concurr
john_c20xe

19th Oct 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah ok thanks i will try that cheers for help guys
mattievRS

19th Oct 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds to me like the bottom crank pulley has slipped on the woodruff key.This would definately cause the problems you are having.The bottom pulley tells the car via some teeth and a crank sensor how to spark and fuel the engine.I put money on it needing the bottom pulley taking off and replacing,possibly the crank timing sprocket too.
john_c20xe

19th Oct 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they expensive? the crank pulley/timing sproket, i will inspect it and see if its damaged, also is the crank timing sproket hard to replace?
mattievRS

19th Oct 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the alternator/pas belt off and get an e18??? torx to undo the bottom pulley(put the car in 5th gear and get someone on the brakes) and crack the bolt off.Have a look at the pulleys keyway(a circle with a square cut out of the top.If it looks ok then check the timing sprocket that is located behind it.They should match up with NO play in them.

If it needs the 2 replacing then the pulley is the same as above,if the timing sprocket needs doing then its timing cover and belt off,pull the old sprocket off and replace with new one,re time the engine and tension it up,then put cover,pulley(torqued up) and finally alternator belt back on.

I got one for an x14xe from vaux but apparently they were faulty design so revised them and sell them as a kit now(timing sprocket and pulley).If i remember rightly they were about 55 to 65 quid.

When you rev the car from idle does it pop and bang from the engine?

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by m17tty]
mattievRS

19th Oct 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it turns out to be this and you want to DIY it then u2u me and ill add you on msn so you can get a step by step guide if needs be.
Richardhhha

20th Oct 08 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a very similar problem to this problem on my 14xe when you pull away and try and give it any beans it bogs down so bad it takes about 4 to 5 seconds to get to 2.5k where it dissapears i've replaced the belt a few months back and mine was fine no play, only thing i haven't done recently is check the compressions.. Will have to try that.
boz_gsi

20th Oct 08 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also another problem, lots of thing on the inlet side of things n throtle bod gets cloged n block with black sutty shit, had quite a few of these engine apart and there always full of it

[Edited on 20-10-2008 by boz_gsi]
john_c20xe

20th Oct 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GOOD NEWS CAR IS SORTED!! well chuffed!!
took m17tty's advise and looked at the wodruffkey, found it to be a triangal shape, looks rounded off, managed to get pulley in correct place and tighten up for now and runs spot on, feel rapid
cheers for the help guys
mattievRS

20th Oct 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
GOOD NEWS CAR IS SORTED!! well chuffed!!
took m17tty's advise and looked at the wodruffkey, found it to be a triangal shape, looks rounded off, managed to get pulley in correct place and tighten up for now and runs spot on, feel rapid
cheers for the help guys

good one mate,glad its sorted!
john_c20xe

20th Oct 08 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh well happy now, cheers again for the help guys
mattievRS

20th Oct 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an easy diagnosis when its happen to someone before but ive gotta admit i was scratching my head for days when mine went like yours!! lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll