corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clutch Issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clutch Issues
Drift_R

User status: Offline
4th Jan 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if it is the clutch thats gone, as there was no initial indication that it was, but when the engine is running, the car will not go into gear, I looked at the clutch arm and even if i turn that plastic block up as far as it will go on the threaded rod, still the clutch pedal isnt in the right place and will not go into gear. I imagine its the clutch that has gone, but just wanted other people opinions on what it could be! could it be something to do with the clutch arm or cable etc ???

Cheers
jo1945

4th Jan 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the cable's gone the pedal will just sit on the floor, is that what you mean by not in the right place? It happened to mine a few weeks ago, no warning same as yours.
Drift_R

4th Jan 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it isnt at the floor, the cable couldnt have snapped as i can adjust the clutch still, but to adjust it to the correct position is impossible as the plastic block on the threaded rod is tibghtened fully, get the clutch pedal still sits about 1 " lower than the brake or accelerator, i imagine bearings in the clutch itself have gone to cuase this, just need a second opinion before i spunk loads of money on a new one!
Vincent2.10

4th Jan 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds most likely to do with the clutch release bearing or ofc a worn plate. But a lot of things can go wrong with them and from what you've said about the clutch pedal not being in the right place make sure you check the pedal bracket, not 100% sure on this but its sometimes known for the bracket to bend making the pedal sit lower and not giving it enough room to operate the clutch.

Hoped this helped

New Poll