corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0l Engine advice (clutch/Idle)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0l Engine advice (clutch/Idle)
LukeD

User status: Offline
17th Jul 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am now the proud owner of a 1l corsa envoy (98)

Anyway got the car with full MOT/tax etc. Got a 2 small issues with it; but wern't sure if it was the "norm" with that engine.

1) When pressing clutch; there is a quite hissing air noise. doesnt affect driving but just wondered why this is?

2) On start up from cold; the car feels like its idling quite low, and has cut out once. Again not much of a major deal as a little rev up on start up helps.

So advice on both topics would be great? Not major issues as car seems to run sweetly when driven. but just would like to know why and if its the norm with these engines.

cheers
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Jul 09 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12v Envoy ftw

Mine doesn't make a hissing noise as far as I'm aware, don't know what that could be seeing as it's a cable clutch.

When I start mine it idles at roughly 1k rpm for a bit then goes down to just over 750prm. Maybe try playing with the adjustable bit on the throttle cable on the inlet and see if that helps

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
caseboy

17th Jul 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the hissing noise is your thrust bearing in the clutch , it means u need a new one as its worn out if u change it u may as well do the whole clutch , as for the start up issuse mine revs to 2000 rpm then drops down straight away to 1000 then idles about 800 when warmed up sujest having the car put on a fult code reader dont try to adjust the throttle cable as the idle is controled electonicaly its probaly a sensor someware
LukeD

17th Jul 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wicked.

Regarding the thrust bearing.. is it a big job to change? much monies? im correct you have to take the gearbox out to replace it?
grez12

17th Jul 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeD
wicked.

Regarding the thrust bearing.. is it a big job to change? much monies? im correct you have to take the gearbox out to replace it?

yea gearbox out to change the full clutch kit i would say in the region of £200 in a garage

with the air hissing you sure you havent got a puncture on your left nike air lol
LukeD

18th Jul 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grez12
quote:
Originally posted by LukeD
wicked.

yea gearbox out to change the full clutch kit i would say in the region of £200 in a garage

with the air hissing you sure you havent got a puncture on your left nike air lol

never owned a set of nike air.... so think i can dismiss that theory.

cheers

New Poll