corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » How do I demand a bigger driveway?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do I demand a bigger driveway?
whitter45

User status: Offline
19th Oct 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Did you not read his last few posts? The builder wont do it as it has to be completed as the plans are.

But after it is completed it can be done, be it by Colin becoming a pikey himself and doing it or by him asking the guys doing the rest of the place to throw some tarmac down for him.

yes exactly - once he has the keys and the deeds he can do what he wants

What i was saying was - he wont be able to have it while its being built
whitter45

19th Oct 09 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Yep

Thinking about writing a letter to the builder to complain. Theres 80odd houses in the estate & every single one gets a drive big enough for 2 cars or allocated parking (x2) except 3 houses, mine, next door & one on the corner which according to plan get a single one. Theres a new development going to be kicking off at the back of this one in a few years which is going to be their larger more expensive brand of houses. I would be a strong possible candidate for a move up in a couple years time if they 'do the right thing' this time around, else they can shove it, i'll go elsewhere.....plenty new builds available etc.

Worth a go??

[Edited on 19-10-2009 by Colin]

thing is mate

if it was that important you should have checked it when buying it or decided on another plot

Colin

19th Oct 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the house (same as ours) we got shown round had a double mono-bloc drive & the only thing the sales woman said was that 'your's will be tar' - which was fine with me as I orefer tar!!

So it was never mentioned.

My fault for not getting the scale ruler out? Perhaps, but you'd think she would say!!

Wouldnt you be pissed off if you get shown round one then sign up just examining a plot the size of a postage stamp, then find out 6 months on there wont be enough room to park all your cars??

Its not a problem, i'll get it extended, im not even that bothered about the cost, its more the hassle of it all once were moved in!! I mean how easy would it be to shove a bit more tar in when there doing the bit they plan to do!!

N16K

19th Oct 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not go for a swing-in driveway? I hope this phrase is used outside NI.
whitter45

21st Oct 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Well the house (same as ours) we got shown round had a double mono-bloc drive & the only thing the sales woman said was that 'your's will be tar' - which was fine with me as I orefer tar!!

So it was never mentioned.

My fault for not getting the scale ruler out? Perhaps, but you'd think she would say!!

Wouldnt you be pissed off if you get shown round one then sign up just examining a plot the size of a postage stamp, then find out 6 months on there wont be enough room to park all your cars??

Its not a problem, i'll get it extended, im not even that bothered about the cost, its more the hassle of it all once were moved in!! I mean how easy would it be to shove a bit more tar in when there doing the bit they plan to do!!

well yes but surely they would have shown the plot designs as you posted on the first page which clearly shows a single drive way

I hope you get it sorted

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll