corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Air FLow/Electrical Problem on a Corsa GSi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air FLow/Electrical Problem on a Corsa GSi
TTT

User status: Offline
   18th Feb 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right this is on behalf of a mate so bare with me,

He drives a N reg Corsa GSi, now recently his engine light has been coming on while driving along (not booting it or anything). I asked a friend of the family who's a mehcanic and he said he'd have to take it to Vauxhall and get it hooked up to the comp.

He did (£40 for like 5mins ) and they're telling him that they THINK it's his Air Flow sensor (?) which measures the temperature of the air flow (reading at -45 degrees or something equally stupid!)

They said if it is one I'd cost £80 for a new one, BUT they'll need to hook it up to something again which will cost £60 per hour and they have to check everything just incase it's not that.

Basically, does this make sence and are they taking him for a ride? Plus any advice on what to do would be great

Cheers.

T

*EDIT* Also he did buy a SuperChip off ebay for it which didn't work very well... Wouldn't let him start the engine once fitted, is their two type's of ECU's for the corsa, and could this have kebabed it up

[Edited on 18-02-2003 by TTT]

New Poll