corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » i know its kinda off topic lol but does n e 1 know owt about vectras?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i know its kinda off topic lol but does n e 1 know owt about vectras?
ReeF

User status: Offline
5th Jul 03 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol my sister has a vectra 1.8 i know its a vectra..... but n e ways shes been having trouble with it latley when she starts the car it idles realy irraticaly then cuts out.... its also cut out @ junctions n stuff for no reason. n e 1 know why?
Kerry

5th Jul 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air flow meter or idle air control valve, although havin said that when i had a similar problem with mine it was a split in the pipe that runs after the air flow meter into the induction.
beardy corsa is a 2lt and he has the same problem and to see if its a split pipe try, disconnecting the ECU/reseting it, and for a few mins it will run fine, if this is so its the airflow or IACV. failing that rev engine with bonnet up and listen for it sucking air
ReeF

5th Jul 03 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers m8
Kerry

6th Jul 03 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any news?
fearless

6th Jul 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Common problem with vectras !!

Remove idle air control valve and clean out with carb cleaner/thinners

Unblock throttle body breather (follow thin rubber pipe from back of rocker cover down to throttle body - probably blocked at throttle body end - drill out with 1/8 drill bit

Clean out throttle body with carb cleaner/thinners

If u know some one at a Vx main dealers - get them 2 reprogram ecu with latest software version and up the idle slightly

[Edited on 06-07-2003 by fearless]

New Poll