corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Inlet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Inlet
Mr Turner

User status: Offline
15th Nov 08 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, when fitting a mantzel style inlet how do you connect the two pipes that were on the throttle body and also where do they go to? just confused as i cant remember where they go and due to the throttle body been in a different location none of the pipes will reach so what should i do?

thanks
sean
Vaux Lad

15th Nov 08 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Join the pipes together beind the engine, or block them both off.
Mr Turner

15th Nov 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it alright to just block them both off? also if i block the pipes off do i have to block the two outlets off on the throttle body that the pipes used to go to?

I left one pipe connected to the throttle body when i took it off, just wondering where it might go to so i can block it off on the car, does it go to the head tank ?

thanks
sean
Vaux Lad

15th Nov 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Originally it goes from the coolant pipe, through the small hose to the tb, through the tb to another hose which goes to the expansion tank.
So either join the two small hoses together, or block both of them off at the ends with a bolt.

You can leave the tb outlets open.

[Edited on 15-11-2008 by Vaux Lad]
flame

15th Nov 08 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As vaux lad says extend the hose back into the expansion tank and leave the throttle body with no coolant pipes going to it. Either that or run the hoses through the throttle body but I find they split over time because of the tight angle they go through to get onto the throttle body.
Mr Turner

15th Nov 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i can just block the two pipes off and leave the throttle body with the outlets open?

thanks for the help

New Poll