corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » compression test results

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author compression test results
chunky_nb

User status: Offline
1st May 08 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

losing oil so asked my m8 to do compression test dunno wot these results mean they are consistent

all for cylinders 225 is this good? he said its good but i wanted to check with the corsa gurus lol

engine is completely standard
Torsa g

1st May 08 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good to me if its consistant in every cylinder, i would go with valve seals on a 16v engine, quite a common problem if theyve been ragged from cold as the seals arnt as durable till they get warm, usually kicks in on these engine around 70000

[Edited on 01-05-2008 by Torsa g]
chunky_nb

1st May 08 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldn be i wait quite a while till i boot and dnt do it all the time only when sum chav in a 1.1 fiesta with a cherry bomb attempts anything lol my car only 55k i know my sump is leaking a little maybe its leaking more than i think il have to get it sorted
Torsa g

1st May 08 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try just tighteming the bolts up as they come lose on there own some times, well try this before getting a gasket anyway
chunky_nb

1st May 08 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the gasket changed bout 2 months ago and the guy who done it said the person who owned the car before me had the sump off before and cross threaded some of the screws putting them back on so he tapped some of them but this time i think hes gonna have to tap them all.

New Poll