corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » stupid car losing oil

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stupid car losing oil
chunky_nb

User status: Offline
29th Jan 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by warren.g
i think its more import, as when it seizes its gonna be alot more work

And trust me engine changes suck.

I can't see the manifold being the way though. Oil changes take me 20 mins max, I'm sure you can find the time.

yer i kno but u need to take base of sump off dnt u which has the downpipe over it, i think? im nt too brill with cars kno the basics bt thts it, would too much oil make it run rich it looked just over max mark on the dipstick this morning and not much oil lost today. strange car
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Jan 08 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After you have sorted the oil leak take it for a spirited drive and check for any smoke under hard acceleration (piston ring problem) or smoke coming down the revs (stem seal problem)

As these will cause loss of oil as mine was using a simular amount of oil with this problem and wasent actually as smokey as you would imagine

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Richardhhha

29th Jan 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine the car got? My car had similar problems found it to be oil pump gasket at torn on main feel, replaced gasket with metal one and all dandy now
waters

29th Jan 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I'm new to the forum but this may help......just replaced my sump and gasket.......2 bolts holding down pipe to manifold to remove.......then 'squeezed' old sump out whilst 'jiggling' exhaust about......careful not to cover yourself in oil......fit new sump (I paid £20 for sump and £6 for gasket). refit exhaust to manifold......job done......

but I must add, it would of been easier over a pit, I did it on the road and its not very good lying in road under your car in middle of winter and it only took me about half an hour.

hope this helps

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll