corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe oil leak - help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe oil leak - help!
Tom N

User status: Offline
28th Dec 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi

i have an oil leak on my c20xe corsa and im pretty certain its the oil pump seal and gasket.

any way.
does the engine need to be taken out to do this? is there enough room to do it in the corsa engine bay?

if the engine needs to be taken out, can anyone give some advice??

thanks in advance

tom
TOMAS

28th Dec 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same prob with mine, can be done in the car - is a cnt of a job though because the lower pulley bolt needs to be undone along with timing belt removing and its a hell of a job. MUCH easier with the engine out. Im getting my local gaarge to do mine and im having ALL the seals/gaskets changed at the same time along with timing belt and rollers. How much oil are you losing? Ive lost 4 litres of oil over the past 1500 miles which sint THAT bad IMO.
Tom N

28th Dec 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dnt know how much oil im losing to be honest, because i havent driven it since i discovered it!

when i had been running it, the whole of the undeneath of the car up to the rear of the doors was covered in oil!
but that was before i replaced the sump gaskets.
TOMAS

28th Dec 04 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who fitted the engine? As a rule you should have changed any suspect gaskets/seals whilst the lump was out as its FAR easier! Was it not leaking before the engine went in? TBH I can live with mine, although it does need doing. One bonus is that I dont need to do oil changes as the oil is constantly being lost/replaced with fresh LOL. Just fill it up and see how much it looses....
Fad

28th Dec 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can be done in the car i've just had a new sump gasket set and oil pump and gasket set fitted

New Poll