corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gasket Trouble.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gasket Trouble.
ed

User status: Offline
18th Jul 04 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my C20XE there is a leak of oil at every point where the engine components are attatched. I.E. where the cam cover it attatched to the head, where the head attatches to the block and at the sump. There is also a leak there the pipe comes out from the block to the cam cover. I'm guessing this means all the gaskets need to be replaced.
I was wondering if there's anything special that needs to be done when removing and replacing the head...
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
18th Jul 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure its just not the cam cover gasket dripping oil down to everything below it, stem clean the engine then ya definately know whats leaking, IMO if ya removing the head its time to do a re-build on it, new stem seals, relap valves, port and polish maybe, definately new valve lifters, all i will say is if ya not confident of settin the timing dont do it. Alos change the water pump/oil pump, idler pulleys this is ya best chance to recon the engine, if ya drop the sump off then change the main and big end bearing too and replace the con rod bolt with arp's, apart from them reccomendations its easily done, i have done the head on my motor 3-4 times

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gasket Trouble. 22 database queries in 0.0066390 seconds