corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sky HD (Existing customers)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky HD (Existing customers)
ed

User status: Offline
7th Dec 07 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Out of interest why do you say that Ed? You have it dont you?
You pay an extra £10 a month for a couple of channels which barely show anything decent. It costs the same as the sports channels or the movie channels and you get more from those. I swapped my HD subscription for the movie package in the end
Robbo

9th Jan 08 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK... called me last night and they wanted £360 incl. installation... poss lower if I take broadband but I'm not sure about that yet

Apparently I was getting free "home move" despite the fact I need no dish and would be getting a new box

Any ideas?
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just say you are leaving, you get loads of other offers then

If they offer you the boxes at half price (they did for me when i rang for my grandma) and possibly a reduction in monthly fees

If you're not happy with what they are offering you, give your one months notice, and they ring you a countless number of times during this month with offers etc

And even though you dont want to cancel, just ring up and withdraw your cancellation after a couple of weeks if you are getting worried
Robbo

9th Jan 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats probably going to be my best option
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's what i'll be doing today to try and sort our packages out

Who works for sky here?
Robbo

9th Jan 08 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nismo does
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one, i'll u2u him and see what he recommends
Robbo

11th Jan 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate Sky
Nismo

11th Jan 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so do i

whats up?
Robbo

11th Jan 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are being very pigheaded about this HD business

In fact atm its lookign like im gonna have to take my old sky+ box and then just wait for an offer or for it t come down in price

Bastardos

Oh aye, and the previous tenants have nicked the cabling in the flat that i need so gotta buy some no fair
Robbo

11th Jan 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have yet to call retentions (my next call tonight) but spoken toa few supervisors and best I could do was half price inst, so £30 saving
Nismo

11th Jan 08 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could wait till i get some more vouchers for HD for £150
Mike2k111

11th Jan 08 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something to worth asking about, around a year ago my girlfriend used to work for Currys and they had a deal going for employees where you got a free SkyHD box and a free year subscription. I don't work for Currys but she managed to get me the same deal using her employee number. This was the leaflet.

No idea if this offer if still on as she doesn't work for the company anymore, Nismo will probably no though. Might be worth a try if you know anyone working at Currys.

[Edited on 11-01-2008 by Mike2k111]
ash_corsa

11th Jan 08 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I phoned up sky last night as i wanted sky+ or HD to replace my standard multiroom box

Sky+ was £99 + £60 installation
HD was £259 all in

Told them i wouldnt need it installing as im an AV engineer anyway and we do alot with sky, wouldnt sell me the box without the instalation, im not paying £60 when they only pay out about £24 for each job. Was disgusted, been with sky about 6 years now, they'l be getting 'the' letter soon!
Nismo

11th Jan 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to let SKY install it, if you dont simple as you wont get it, yes its an easy job and every tom dick or harry could do it, its part of the service aggrement, this way if its installed by SKY then if sumit goes wrong with it then they can correct, where as if you do it yourself they cant confirm wether its done right or not.
Robbo

11th Jan 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
you could wait till i get some more vouchers for HD for £150
Sounds good bud
Nismo

11th Jan 08 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2k111

No idea if this offer if still on as she doesn't work for the company anymore, Nismo will probably no though. Might be worth a try if you know anyone working at Currys.

[Edited on 11-01-2008 by Mike2k111]

Worth a try but will need employee number etc...
Robbo

11th Jan 08 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK retentions just offered me Sky HD for £219 all in... if I take the free 'phone service and broadband (which I wanted to anyways)

Hmmm...

Sound like a good offer?
ash_corsa

11th Jan 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
You have to let SKY install it, if you dont simple as you wont get it, yes its an easy job and every tom dick or harry could do it, its part of the service aggrement, this way if its installed by SKY then if sumit goes wrong with it then they can correct, where as if you do it yourself they cant confirm wether its done right or not.

i understand that, but i just cannot justify the £60 installation charge, 90% of our customers who have sky installed, just get the engineer to drop the kit off and leave us to fit it, as alot of sky installers, especialy first line digital subbies are rough as arseholes!
John

11th Jan 08 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky guy wouldn't leave my house without fitting it.

I told him not to bother as I wanted the cables ran under floors and stuff that they wouldn't do.

He wasn't happy about leaving cables lying across the middle of the floor etc so don't know how people manage to get them to leave the stuff without fitting.

This was a guy in a sky van though, don't know if they outsource or whatever.
Robbo

11th Jan 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the official sky guys ive had visit me have been really good with the walls etc, nice and tidy etc

Know of one perosn who had liek a subi come out and left their house a right state, got quite abit of compo form sky!
ash_corsa

11th Jan 08 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Sky guy wouldn't leave my house without fitting it.

I told him not to bother as I wanted the cables ran under floors and stuff that they wouldn't do.

He wasn't happy about leaving cables lying across the middle of the floor etc so don't know how people manage to get them to leave the stuff without fitting.

This was a guy in a sky van though, don't know if they outsource or whatever.

they always do it with us, just run cables through a window from the dish to pair the box to the card etc then leave us to route the cables as most of our installs use a loft box to distribute the tv, fm, sat, and cctv around the house

sky engineers are usualy pretty neat with regards to running cable, but they will only clip it down the wall through the wall and straight into the back of the sky box. Firstline digital are horrific, they made a right mess of my house, still gota sort it out yet!!

John

11th Jan 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they connect it up then, thats what I meant, was wondering how you got them to leave with just dropping the stuff off.

I only had cables across the floor because I told him to leave it that way, he was very neat apart from that.
ash_corsa

11th Jan 08 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah, very few engineers will just leave the kit without setting it up, sorry i missed that bit out!
PhilC

12th Jan 08 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
I phoned up sky last night as i wanted sky+ or HD to replace my standard multiroom box

Sky+ was £99 + £60 installation
HD was £259 all in

Told them i wouldnt need it installing as im an AV engineer anyway and we do alot with sky, wouldnt sell me the box without the instalation, im not paying £60 when they only pay out about £24 for each job. Was disgusted, been with sky about 6 years now, they'l be getting 'the' letter soon!

Wouldn't sell without the install??

I told them I wasn't paying the £3o installation and that I already had installed a dish with a twin feed for Sky+.

He said it was no problem and the engineer arrived and just dropped off the box...

Seems to be a different set of rules for everyone!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll