corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » will it work?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author will it work?
langey

User status: Offline
9th Jan 05 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a contract phone for over a year, wanted to upgrade, o2 tell me its over 100quid, evan tho the phone is free if you take out any contract with them.

so i thought fuck it, i'll just take out a new contract get the phone free and cancel the other contract,.

ordered it online, and not yet recived comfirmation of the order, and cant find anywere to track it.

also will the order go through because i will have both contracts coming out 1 account.
Skipz

9th Jan 05 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should do cant see why..

My old man has two contracts coming out one acount and my Grandfather has 8 coming out of his business account (hasnt told themt they are business phones yet)
Colin

9th Jan 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you are within your right to do that. Makes sense to change contract when your free to anyway!
mav

9th Jan 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my upgrade came through on vodafone they wanted stupid money to upgrade to new phones.

Guy in shop said your better off cancelling contract and starting a new one and you will get the same phone cheaper...STupid or what.

I came up the road and phoned them and got the phone I wanted for 0 when the shop wanted me to pay £90...............
lozzd

9th Jan 05 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

langey i was in this exact same situation. K700i was free with free bt headset on website, phoned em up cos ive had my t610 over the net, women tells me £70 no bt headset. says its an offer for new users. so i said alright then ill cancel my contract and get take out a new one and get it free then.
she said "well you could do that but next year when you upgrade you'll hvae to pay these high prices again". i said no i wont ill cancel again and take out another one. at which point she went quiet and said oh... yes... i suppose you could do that. gave up in the end tho cos i wanna keep my old number, cant b fcuked with £70. Might try again and tell em to drop the price or ill leave, been with o2 for years and years. gave me some bullshit about not spending enough money with em. oh well contract is dirt cheap so shouldnt complain.
Matt H

The network makes more money out of a new customer hence why upgrades are more expensive
langey

well they said 100 upgrade and we can send it in 2weeks.

went online, ordered it, should (fingers crossed) come tuesday
langey

9th Jan 05 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozzd
langey i was in this exact same situation. K700i was free with free bt headset on website, phoned em up cos ive had my t610 over the net, women tells me £70 no bt headset. says its an offer for new users. so i said alright then ill cancel my contract and get take out a new one and get it free then.
she said "well you could do that but next year when you upgrade you'll hvae to pay these high prices again". i said no i wont ill cancel again and take out another one. at which point she went quiet and said oh... yes... i suppose you could do that. gave up in the end tho cos i wanna keep my old number, cant b fcuked with £70. Might try again and tell em to drop the price or ill leave, been with o2 for years and years. gave me some bullshit about not spending enough money with em. oh well contract is dirt cheap so shouldnt complain.

ye they said that to me, paid 200quid for the phone on contract, then they wnated another 100quid, i soend about 30-50quid amonth.

anyway ordered a new one, lol lost all my numbers anyway when my phone broke, so might as them to make this contract into a PAYG sim , so people can still ring me till they get my new number.

o2 C/S is shite
BlueCorsa

9th Jan 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
The network makes more money out of a new customer hence why upgrades are more expensive

They don't make more money out of them, they just want new customers more than old ones because it looks good in the figures for shareholders - i.e. we attracted 100000 new customers last quarter, compared to x network who only got 50000
Je11ybubb1es

9th Jan 05 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the network subsidise the phones for new customers to encourage them to sign up, however once you're signed up they dont care so that is why existing customers never get as good deal, cos they figure existing customers wont be bothered to look elsewhere.

New Poll