corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » converstion hubs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author converstion hubs
Ant

User status: Offline
29th Dec 06 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a call from my mate whi is doing some work onmy car says my hub carrier is worn meaning there is play in the bottom ball joint.

O cant picture it right now bur will this part be a std corsa part? The Mtech hub goes in using std corsa bearings yes?

Could somebody please sumarise the process of replacing this 'hub carrier'
Ant

29th Dec 06 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up
Limecat
Banned

29th Dec 06 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume he is refering to where the lower pinch bolt passes through the hub carrier, the curvature of the bolt sits in a groove on the balljoint locating dowel. Therefore if the hub is worn where the pinch bolt passes through it would cause excessive wear and play on the dowel on the end of the balljoint.

Thats the only thing I can think he means, unless of course its just the two bolts through the bottom arm/tie-bars/balljoints are not tight enough.

To replace the hub carrier you will need to remove the split pin through the end of the driveshaft, remove the 30mm castle nut on the end of the shaft, undo the pinch bolt holding it to the ball joint, remove the track control arm, undo the 2 bolts passing through the hub carrier and strut. You will also have to undo the disc retention screw and the 2 x 10mm hex headed bolts that hold the calliper carrier onto the hub carrier.

Once that is off you will be left with the hub carrier and the drive flange. You will need to press the driveflange out of the hub carrier. Whilst it is off you may as well fit a new wheel bearng and have it pressed into a new hub carrier, then press the drive flange in.

Refitting is the reversal of removal.
Ant

30th Dec 06 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YEah its on the pinch part it has worn, Is this a std corsa part? (not part of the mtech kit)
Ant

4th Jan 07 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on someone must know I really need to get this sorted
TomSBD

4th Jan 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this will be the steering knuckle that the wheel bearing and ur hub sit in. you will have to get a new one or one from a scrappy and then a new wheel bearing and your mtech hub pressed into the new knuckle
Ant

5th Jan 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vx want £200 for a knucke (dealer part only) this could be a fun one to sort out!
donvaux

5th Jan 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrappy would be best mate
TomSBD

5th Jan 07 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dealer quoted my 100+ vat that was trade tho. yeh jst go scrappy anyway as you will need a new bearing when you put you hub back in
rallyman

7th Jan 07 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put an add in the wanted section mate.

Chris
Ant

7th Jan 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have put a wanted add up, £200 was to my dad who works at the dealer himself!

New Poll