corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I want to do a 1.6 GSI Converstion

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I want to do a 1.6 GSI Converstion
Jules S
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Aug 06 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
to be fair he didnt say how old the carrera was, i raced a 1991 carrera and was neck and neck. The owner even ask'd what the hell i had done to my car (its pritty standard) so a corsa with a decent engine converstion should be the same, newer porkers on the other hand.......
and yea according to car forums ctrs are the fastest cars in the world.

Porsche owner should have been asking himself what was wrong with his motor
Rexy

8th Aug 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you learn somthing yourself kid, first off get some better suspension, and sort the handeling. A car which can handle is miles more use than a car with lots of power.

Once you have sorted the base out, then look at upgrading the engine. If you can't drive a slow car properly i cant imagine u doing so well on a car with a lot more power.

From there get yourself a nice set of coilovers, ate brakes *256mm* which u have , braided hoses and dot5 fluid. Uprate the bushes, remove the front arb and add a rear arb as yours is a 1.2 and prob hasnt got one. Then, learn to drive it properly.

Once your happy and have had some funn beating faster cars on twisties then get a bigger engine.

My 2p anyways.

[Edited on 08-08-2006 by Rexy]
Baskey

8th Aug 06 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you think a 15 year old porsche is fast by modern standards?
Baskey

8th Aug 06 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry ^^ was for jules S, just stickin up for the kiddy before he got taken apart!
ShEp

8th Aug 06 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i doubt any engine will make your car 'fly'

thats left for chitty chitty bang bang shit!
mattcape

8th Aug 06 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've just payed 1000.00 for a 1.6 conversion but was fully re-con'd and had brand new ecu, gearbox and clutch and ye is quite quick still wearing in though
Jules S
Premium Member

8th Aug 06 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
why do you think a 15 year old porsche is fast by modern standards?

Because I drove one extensively during the early nineties?

0-60 in the five second region?

Pretty poor in the cornering dept if you drove them wrong, but in a straight traffic light GP a 964 porker would see off a clio 172 noo problems....

Unless of course, it had lost some of the 250bhp it had when it was built.....hence my comment

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I want to do a 1.6 GSI Converstion 23 database queries in 0.0099499 seconds