corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » saxo electric PAS pump on a 2.0 corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author saxo electric PAS pump on a 2.0 corsa
AJBek

User status: Offline
1st Oct 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

managed to get the electric PAS pump off a saxo for my corsa to make fitting the new 2.0 engine easier.

see here for pic.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=153484

Expensive things these was over 80 quid from the breakers, but 280 notes new I was lucky to get one as the breaker said he had a guy coming next week to buy 5 of them. The main problem is the physical size of the pump. I was going to mount the pump and motor on the offside wing where the airbox used to be and extend the power steering lines, but the long neck of the resevouir gets in the way. Do you think I would be OK to cut this down, as I am using the original resevour on the nearside front of the corsa. I would need to seal the top of the resevouir in some way, not sure how much pressure is on the plastic resevouir, doubt it will be much as that is the return side of the pump. I will also need to get a union for the high pressure side of the pump. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alan
Richie

1st Oct 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest mate i dont think it will help you at all due to the weight of the 2.0l
BeArDy

1st Oct 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the standard 2lt 16v PAS pump and eather :-
Buy a Mount for it from places like Cossvaux (£80)
OR
Lower the tie bars 1" (about £5 for spacer and bolts) also get the advantage of better trackion and handling when you lower the tie bars (so i have read)

i used the standard pump when i had my 2lt, just lowers the tie bars
i think using the standard pump is alot easyer then a Elec Saxo one
Siberia

1st Oct 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
Lower the tie bars 1" (about £5 for spacer and bolts) also get the advantage of better trackion and handling when you lower the tie bars (so i have read)

does that work???

BeArDy

1st Oct 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, its what i did
as the reason why u have to move the powersteering with the Mounts they charge u £80 for is cos the pump will not fit as the tie bars are in the way, so but lowering the bars 1" gives room for the standard pump to sit where vauxhall wanted it to

they only sell you the Mount to make extra money, same with the gearbox spacer.

some companys sell tie bar lowering kits as it helps handleing and tration, not just so u can have a 2lt 16v
Greasemonkey

1st Oct 04 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what is the other way around the gear box spacer, if ya dont buy the mount
BeArDy

1st Oct 04 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
so what is the other way around the gear box spacer, if ya dont buy the mount

cut the lip off the gearbox mount and if you want re inforce the welding, but there isent any need to as you dont have to go close to the welding
saves loads of time and time extending the linkage

this is a pic of the modded rear gearbox mount

you will understand as the mount needs to sit flush with the gearbox and that lip stops ya

Also you need to cut this section out so u can get the gearbox drain plug out
heres a pic of the section cut out
Greasemonkey

1st Oct 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG thats so easy to do, these conversion companys are having a field day chargin the kinda money they do for these kits
Nobber

1st Oct 04 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spacing the tie bar does work as that's what I have done too.

The EPAS pump would work too, what about re-locating the battery to the boot? I was gonna do this so I could perhaps mount the AC pump where the PAS pump is supposed to be, but gave up trying!
BeArDy

1st Oct 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing of any value in the fitting kits are the Shafts, IF you get a lifetime garentee, BUT even saying that you can use standard shafts and cost £15 per shaft from a Brackers (and u get CV's aswell) and the Converstion kit shafts are about £250

£250 / 15 = 16 shafts

so you got to snap 16 standard shafts before its costing you the same as the converstion kit ones, which i have never really heard of anyone snapping more then 3 shafts in about 5 years...

Powercap £99, is again another money maker, where u can get a Ecotec pipe from Vauxhall for £12 and get a plate made up

Hubs, a good Machine shop will do them for £20 a hub = £40 and about £10 per hub from a brakers
total £60 for the hubs where in the coverstoin kit are about £120

PAS mount and Anti-roll bar spacers, cost u about £100 where u can lower the tie bors for about £5 and kill 2 birds with one stone

its all about making money i supose, and people who dont know the people (so to say) will just go and buy the kit thinking its the easyest and cheapest way
myke

1st Oct 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
Buy a Mount for it from places like Cossvaux (£80)

£45 plus £12 postage

New Poll