corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE with TBs in a corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE with TBs in a corsa
AJBek

User status: Offline
18th Sep 04 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the chance of a newly rebuilt C20XE for my corsa. Does anyone know if the SBD taper or parallell throttle bodies would fit the 2.0 engine on a corsa. I already have the SBD taper kit on my 1.6 engine, but would the bodies fit the 2.0 on a new 2.0 inlet manifold. Clearance at the bulkhead it the main problem as far as I can see especially at the brake servo. Anyone done it or have pics If the tapers don't fit would the parallels? The only other problems with the conversion will be the power steering rack on the car. I have been told the PAS pump on the C20XE may not fit when the engine is in the corsa, but a saxo electric pump may work, as it can be mounted anywhere. Thoughts on this please. Any other snags I am missing? I will buy a conversion kit for the actual engine swap, so the only real probs would relate to the TB fitting.

Cheers guys

Alan

[Edited on 18-09-2004 by AJBek]
Adam_B

18th Sep 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i asked jenvey about it a few months ago they said they could do it with shorter trumpets, im not 100% but i think sbd use jenvey for there kits....
miles

18th Sep 04 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Short trumpets wont help the performance, but you dont have much of an option.

Dont worry to much about the PAS, if you get trouble just fit a non PAS rack....

You'll obviously get more power from the 2.0 than the 1.6, but for the extra money you might want to think about more mods to the excellent 1.6....
Joff

18th Sep 04 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Omex talked about supplying 60mm trumpets (Jenvey kit) for the C20XE > Corsa kit... tiny!

miles

18th Sep 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think your ever going to fit anything above 60mm into a Corsa without serious bulk head mods. I had 90mm's on the Nova, with a dome air filter, I was told that 120's are best for torque.

I dont think you'll get bigger than 40's tbh, although if you use a 45 degree manifold rather than the flat one you might get away with it.
Joff

18th Sep 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I was thinking - 45 deg. manifold, have a play with some longer rampipes and then dome filter with a nice airbox around it.
AJBek

19th Sep 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys, I only have 40mm trumpets on it at the moment, that was what was supplied with the SBD kit. The current inlet manifold looks like a 45 degree one on the 1.6 engine. If I have to go to parallels to make it work I would, but I have the tapers just now so would rather use them. Miles I hear what you are saying mate. I love the 1.6 myself, and ham happy with its performance, but I feel to take it the next step (cams, pistons etc) might make it less drivable as my everyday car (another car is not an option) and would require lots of expensive performance parts. The 2.0 would still be mostly std, but would give similar performance to a highly tuned 1.6 and more torque as well. I originally didn't want a 2.0 as the milage on most is too high, but I know and trust who is building the engine I am going for, and when I was offered it for a great price, couldn't resist.
Greg_M

19th Sep 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK is putting some on his and beardy has done some in a corsa, ask them

New Poll