corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20let oil in intercooler?? not turbo seals new turbo 4k ago

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20let oil in intercooler?? not turbo seals new turbo 4k ago
kittedcorsat69

User status: Offline
29th Aug 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there, just wondering if any one else has trouble with there c20let useing up oil? i seem to have a lot of oil in the intercooler and it smokes when i come off the throttle only? this id my first turbo car so just looking for some general advice. was checking out a website and said something about crank or cam breather pipes blocked up. any help would be nice. cheers john

[Edited on 29-08-2006 by kittedcorsat69]
AK

29th Aug 06 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seals in turbo prob shot....

kittedcorsat69

29th Aug 06 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it had a new turbo 4000 miles ago from the reciepts i got. thats what i initially thought too
SportBoy

29th Aug 06 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like turbo . if it was breathers it would normally do it when under load too. disconnet the breather pipe off the cam cover and bung the pipe up (the one between the cam cover and cold side of turbo . and put a make shift catch tank in (ie pop bottle) from the cam cover .. take it for a run and see if it cures it .. if not then id say its the turbo

[Edited on 29-08-2006 by SportyBoy]
kittedcorsat69

30th Aug 06 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ill try it this weekend. also only seems to smoke when i change down gear??? seems very strange. i thought if it was turbo it would always smoke. ill give the catch tank a go and keep my fingers crossed
kittedcorsat69

30th Aug 06 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to let any one else know if they have the same problem, the oil build up is only after the intercooler not before (turbo side) and I have just read that there should be some oil build up anyways to stop parts rusting etc. I had cleaned the pipe leading up to the throttle body and its been about a week now that my dump valve has not spurted out oil all over my engine bay which hopefully suggests my turbo seals are ok. I will furthur investigate why my car is behaving like an oil despenser and post the results i get
starkie

30th Aug 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/Introduction.htm

best site going for these

New Poll