corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Turbo (problem) Question Please! re: oil vapour after turbo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbo (problem) Question Please! re: oil vapour after turbo
MattyB

User status: Offline
11th Jan 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically after a little strip down of my intercooler/piping/dump valve etc i have found a build up of oil residue inside the components.......Also around the vents on my dump valve (where air is released). Not loads, but just enough that it was visable on the aluminium components......

Would this suggest my turbo seals are on there way out, or is a small amount of oil vapour a common occurance on turbo engines? Its running a Garrett T2 if that makes a difference?

The car is a diesel, but i'm presuming that the inlet system is the same on any turbo car. It wouldnt appear to be affecting the engine in anyway, and its still pushin over 1.1bar boost

Cheers in advance!!

Matt
Kris TD

11th Jan 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, oil vapours come through the breather pipe to stop it all rusting up inside. it should have some degree of oil.
MattyB

11th Jan 04 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one......didnt know i had a breater pipe?? ah well, got the same kinda reply off pgac as well. cheers!

New Poll