corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbo's
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
8th Sep 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi ppl. just noticed our car is smoking a bit on idle, nothing major buts its fairly obvious the turbo is on its way out and with the actuator being weak too im gonna go for a hybrid or a K04 turbo. I can source the parts simple enough but i need advice on where to go for fitting and tuning as we dont want to lose the car for weeks on end and dont want high labour costs. As im in south east id like somewhere not too far away. Any recomendations as to good places who will do the work
Drew
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear that mate - know the feeling

sorry dunno anywhere
StuartVRS

8th Sep 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, its nothing major, just a bit of blue smoke on idle and on gear changes but would rather get it seen to now before anything goes seriously wrong
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jabbasport

smoke on idle could be a number of things. it may not even be the turbo. if you were goign for a new turbo forget about the K04. you'll need a new fanimold etc. I would go straight for Jabba's IHI unit
StuartVRS

8th Sep 03 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been told by a few audi owners its a straight swop for the k04 but id rather get a hybrid anyways and get a nice warranty on it, will look into jabbasport though, ta Vibs
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest how is your oil consuption. are you getting blue smoke under acceleration.

blue smoke could be worn turbo bearings, dirty filter, air leak - make sure all hoses are tighte from air filter to turbo, from turbo to inlet etc, problem with your crank case breather or internal problems like worn piston rings.
StuartVRS

8th Sep 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oil consumption seems to be a bit higher than normal, have cleaned filter, MAF sensor, all pipes are fine and it still pulls fine, and only a bit of smoke under acceleration. My mate followed us and said it was smoking under what he thought was gear changes, pulling away from lights and on idle at lights, not huge amounts, but enough to be visible.
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.5K for jabba's IHI conversion.

turbo and manifold on it's own is £1500 + fitting
vibrio
Banned

8th Sep 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
oil consumption seems to be a bit higher than normal, have cleaned filter, MAF sensor, all pipes are fine and it still pulls fine, and only a bit of smoke under acceleration. My mate followed us and said it was smoking under what he thought was gear changes, pulling away from lights and on idle at lights, not huge amounts, but enough to be visible.

are you sure it's blue and not just a bit whiteish
StuartVRS

8th Sep 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could well be as its not dark dark blue but im assuming this is the turbo as mate had exact problem on his uno turbo and was told it was definately the turbo. It cured his problem for a while, but now he is getting it again and is having valve guides and piston rings done as well as a port polish etc etc
vibrio
Banned

11th Mar 04 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suspect there was nothing wrong with your turbo then.
Kris TD

11th Mar 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had blue smoke pooring out of my car at one point, thought i had buggered the turbo by running too high boost, in the end after taking bits off i noticed the the crankcase breather was blcoked up (ie it had kinked, unblocked it and the problem went instantly, huge relief that was.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo's 22 database queries in 0.0110211 seconds