corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » radio channels fuzzy!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author radio channels fuzzy!
JayT

User status: Offline
   1st Aug 06 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recently had a new head unit and now i cant get good reception on any of my radio stations, driving me mad not havin a radio! the aerial is attached to the back of the head unit correctly, dont see the problem!

can anyone help me?
cdcool1

2nd Aug 06 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try making sure you've got a good connection between the aeriel connector and the socket on the back of the headunit. Sounds like a poor connection.

Does the noise get worse as the engine revs go up or is it constant?
JayT

2nd Aug 06 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you drivin along the road the reception will get good and bad! it doesnt do anything when i rev the engine!
cdcool1

2nd Aug 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked the aeriel connection that i mentioned? If the connection is good, try earthing the chassis of the head unit. Connect a wire from the metal case that the headunit slides into to an earthing point on your car. That should sort it out if it's an earthing problem

[Edited on 02-08-2006 by cdcool1]
Adam-D

5th Aug 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the end of the vaux ariel part can break right at the end

to get round this cheaply
go to halfords get a electronic window mount antenna

stick it to the back of the glove box give it a switched live and a erath and connect that up

i usually find this fixes it 99% of the time without spending loads of cash

ariel is £15 btw
JayT

5th Aug 06 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv jus bought a bee sting aerial, so if it is the tip ov my standard aerial, then when i fit my new one it might help then?
AaronHorn

6th Aug 06 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sting aerials are not very good imo, to test the aerial try borrowing one from a mates car, they screw on and off. Remeber the vaux aerials have an built in amplifier which is switched on when your head unit is. Power for this is sent up the blue wire on your ISO connector so you should ensure your head unit has a blue out wire connecting to the blue wire on the ISO connector.

OTOH, there are three 'breaks' in the vauxhall aerial wiring loom, one is at the unit itself, another is in a kick panel and the final one is behind the head unit.

I don't think you'd have a grounding issue otherwise you may hear engine rev noises and so on.
JayT

6th Aug 06 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont u rate bee sting aerials, it says they dont affect your radio reception/transmission etc, and they look betta that the ugly 10 foot standard one lol?
AaronHorn

8th Aug 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa boy Jay T
why dont u rate bee sting aerials, it says they dont affect your radio reception/transmission etc, and they look betta that the ugly 10 foot standard one lol?

It's a personal preference, I just don't... Maybe it's because most are silver and they just don't look right on a black aerial base. Also I have one on my car (it came with it) and I don't think the reception is at all good compared to my mum's corsa with standard aerial. One of these days I'll swap the aerial round for a day and see if it really does make any difference.

And... A longer one has to be better because without getting too much into the physics of it, you receive more of the signal being sent so the gain would be better? I know the bee sting ones are on newer cars like the bmws and so on but then the amplifier circuitry is prolly much better. I don't personally mind the look of the vaux standard aerial, it's much better than the horrid popup one the cav had.
JayT

8th Aug 06 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reception doesnt seem to have gone bad, if anything it seems better actually! it looks betta than ma original any day mate how can u possibly prefer the original one?

New Poll