corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing inlet from a C16XE (GSi)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing inlet from a C16XE (GSi)
Jules

User status: Offline
21st Jul 06 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything to look out for in particular?
I'm changing the inlet hopefully next week and want to drive it into the garage, swap it over and drive out a few hours later.
I'll be using the Haynes manual and I've done this kind of thing before on my old Novas but never on a XE lump.
I intend to do it with the head still on the block and all still in the car.

Tips? Hints?

Robin
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to get the old one off, its just a case of undoing the bolts, clips and sliding the 4 vac hoses off

you'll want a new gasket for it (about 36p) and a jubilee clip for the throttle body hose (to replace the gay ping clip)

if you are moving the throttle body (for mantzel types) you'll need female torx bits to undo the bolts on the throttle body where it mounts to the head

just take your time, and dont get pissed off with it if it doesnt come off easily, and you cant go wrong

(it took me about 40 mins to fit my Lexmaul the first time, but when you know what you're doing, its far far quicker)

dont forget to ask if you get stuck too Mr S

HTH
Jules

21st Jul 06 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
to get the old one off, its just a case of undoing the bolts, clips and sliding the 4 vac hoses off

you'll want a new gasket for it (about 36p) and a jubilee clip for the throttle body hose (to replace the gay ping clip)

if you are moving the throttle body (for mantzel types) you'll need female torx bits to undo the bolts on the throttle body where it mounts to the head

just take your time, and dont get pissed off with it if it doesnt come off easily, and you cant go wrong

(it took me about 40 mins to fit my Lexmaul the first time, but when you know what you're doing, its far far quicker)

dont forget to ask if you get stuck too Mr S

HTH

Danké Mr M, U2U me your number incase I hit a bump in proceddings!
So it's pretty easy to get to the lower inlet manifold bolts with the engine all in situ?
I know they are a pain on the Nova's
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh, lower ones as well? hmmmm

never tried it, its probably an arse, but should be acheivable with a few hours

u2u on way
Jules

21st Jul 06 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1900

It's to fit "the chicken" so I guess the whole lot has to come off.
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jul 06 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would presume so, it looks like there is a manifold included
Jules

22nd Jul 06 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i would presume so, it looks like there is a manifold included

Ja, all built in by the looks of it, could prove tricky to fit but will have a look when I get it tomorrow.
I can only think of a inlet manifold gasket to get and the jubilee clip you mentioned, must be something I'm missing and will remember when the car is all in bits!
Also got a bit of a oil leak from the front drivers side (that's where it's dripping at least) - prime suspect is the rocker cover gasker, are these rubber like the C20XE or cork?
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jul 06 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rubber, sit in a groove in the rocker cover

leak like a bugger if they arent torqued EXACLTY right
Jules

22nd Jul 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably where my leak is, will get a new one and try and sort that whilst I'm at it.
Can anykind of silicone based gasket sealent be used in addition with the rubber gasket to prevent it leaking as much?
Jules

22nd Jul 06 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

36p?! 36p?!

I went to Vauxhall, ordered a inlet manifiold to cylinder head gasket for a C16XE - £8 something!!!
I almost died!
I was in so much shock I forgot to get a rocker cover gasket, still aslong as I remember to pick one up when the inlet gasket comes in stock I'll be ok.
I was going to ask for their price on cambelt kits but after being raped of almost a tenner for a pieces of cardboard I decided against it, LMF still the cheapest for them?
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jul 06 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£8

i was talking about the little green one, between the lower and upper bit
Jules

22nd Jul 06 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
£8

i was talking about the little green one, between the lower and upper bit

Ah well I don't need that one, the dbilas does have a upper and lower part, but the two are connected via small lengths of silicone hose so no gasket required (will mms you a pic in a sec), still had to pay over £8 for a frigging gasket though

New Poll