corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gsi a 1.6?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gsi a 1.6?
harry23

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the corsa gsi engine the same as the 1997 1.6 16v sport coz im looking for engine parts and there never seem to be bits for the gsi and 1.6 so just thought they could be the same or something? or is that just really stupid!
Stu_22

2nd Jul 04 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are similar

The sport has more emisions lowering crap so has different inlet, exhaust manifold and cylinder head and the air flow meter on the gsi has been replace with a MAP sensor i think on the sport.

So its just the block thats the same
Gambit

2nd Jul 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecotec gsi is the same as the 1.6 sports (think its 93/94 it was introduced)

before that the gsi had a different 1.6 as described above by stu

[Edited on 02-07-2004 by Gambit]
Greasemonkey

2nd Jul 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the X16XE ecotec version was introduced to the GSI late 1994, i got one of the last C16XE GSI's mines registered August 1994

90% of things are interchangable between the engines, for example i got a X16XE lower inlet manifold and crank in my C16XE,
The C16XE reponds better to tuning in the early stages
The X16XE suffers from EGR problems
They both suffer idling problems

[Edited on 02-07-2004 by Greasemonkey]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gsi a 1.6? 23 database queries in 0.0100410 seconds