corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE ignition live trouble

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE ignition live trouble
Greg_M

User status: Offline
7th Jun 06 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to fry my ignition live on the way back from PVS, the wire just burnt itself out. Dostny seem to have done too much damaged, only to a few of the surounding wire.

Will this have been due to the wire being thin guage as it the live from the 12v?

Or are there any other likly causes?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Jun 06 at 06:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent got the anwser to your question, but what I did with my live I belive is fed it into the cabin through the drivers side loom hole and wired it up there to a ign live!
Rileysport

7th Jun 06 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want a decent gauge cable there, sure it hasn't shorted?
mattievRS

7th Jun 06 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rileysport
you want a decent gauge cable there, sure it hasn't shorted?

Agreed you need a guage wire that can take 12v minimum and have you checked to see if the ignition earth is ok cause if its loose or damaged it will cause the +ve to overload and fry itself!!

New Poll