corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » where can i get to "ignition live"?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where can i get to "ignition live"?
westsidecorsa

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i need to wire something from the "ignition live" wire. where can i get to this wire? no technical stuff please! just simple as i am not an electrical king. thanks
jordi

22nd Aug 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not sure what do you mean for that, but I think you want a cable that provides 12V while the key is ignition usually in the radio section. This subject is quite confusing because the normal colour “standard” is Red for 12V (all the time, used for the memories) and Yellow for 12V with the ignition. If I remember well, the corsa doesn’t quite follow and is the inverse. The Red cable found on the radio connector is 12V while ignition is ON. Can anyone else confirm it?
westsidecorsa

22nd Aug 03 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically what i need to do is connect up an l.e.d which comes on when my ignition is OFF. To do this i can connect one wire from the L.E.D to permanent live and one to ignition live, therefore when ignition is off the circuit will flow and the led will be on, i just need to know where to find the ignition live wire? thanks
Voyto

22nd Aug 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could you not just wire the LED up to somethin that already works on the same principle? like a current alarm LED or somethin. cant really think of anythin that works in that way but just an idea??
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

23rd Aug 03 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the drivers side kick pannel off, should be a torx screw at the bottom, cross head on side and a clip by the acceletator pedal which screws off.
Then you should be able to connect to the central locking wiring.
Connect red to red and black to black.
Red being permanent live and black being ignition live.

Red and black are also in the steering wheel column but more screws to get to them and you wont be able to use those blue 3m clips to quickly connect the wires.

[Edited on 23-08-2003 by Wolf In Welsh Clothing]

New Poll