corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sunroof prob

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sunroof prob
jamesw

User status: Offline
   11th May 03 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A while ago i converted my 95 corsa manual sunroof to an elecy one wither no probs, however now for some reason, it will tilt up and down fine, but will not go back, it drops at the back as it should goes back about 2mm and clunks then stops, also one side gets lower and further back than the other, its as if something is jamming it? also the inside cover thing never used to slide all the way back when the roof was shut but now it freely does as if its come off some sort of strings or hinges? Anyone got any ideas whats up or how to fix it as it looks like a right pain in the ass?

Cheers,

JW
supacorsa

11th May 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it apart when you got the time and check if something is snaging the motor or it could just be knackered and you need to get a new one
keithSRi

11th May 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just put my elecy sunroof in 2, im also having a few probs, i tapped into the live wire going to the interior light for the power feed and earthed the 2 brown wires but theres nothing happening, i have 2 spare wires a red with yellow strip and a black wire i dunno what these are for, i got the switch, loom and motor from a vectra, anyone any ideas?
morty

11th May 03 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about the vectra sunroof but if you have a red live wire and 2 brown ground wires. dont tie the red wire in with the interior light cos if it blows then you have nothing stoping it setting your car on fire!!! you need to take it down the a pillar and put a fuse in then tap into a live down either on the battery or in the foot well. then the 2 brown wires put together and screw them in with your surround when you put that in.
Neshol

11th May 03 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a tutorial on converting sunroofs from manual to elec in the May issue of TV.
p4ult

11th May 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by keithSRi
i just put my elecy sunroof in 2, im also having a few probs, i tapped into the live wire going to the interior light for the power feed and earthed the 2 brown wires but theres nothing happening, i have 2 spare wires a red with yellow strip and a black wire i dunno what these are for, i got the switch, loom and motor from a vectra, anyone any ideas?

Black and red go to the live feed and the two brown are the earths, u just leave the red/yellow one as its not needed
keithSRi

11th May 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i saw the tutorial in TV, but my interior light is different so i thought id just split the live feed in2 using a connector block, 1 live to the inerior light 1 to the sunroof, will that be ok?
Rob H

11th May 03 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody novices . I went for the hardcore option of getting the roofcard hanging down and running an ignition live from behind the fusebox along the dash, into the existing plastic trunking, up the passenger A pillar and across to the light.

Works real quick when the engines on, and theres no chance of over heating any wires while running the electric sunroof and having the map lights on
Demo

12th May 03 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tapping into the live for the interior lighty is a NO NO! it means that youre sunroof can be opened when the ignition is off. not very good for security. do it the proper way and get a proper switching live up there with an in line fuse
Rob H

12th May 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
tapping into the live for the interior lighty is a NO NO! it means that youre sunroof can be opened when the ignition is off. not very good for security. do it the proper way and get a proper switching live up there with an in line fuse

and your sunroof couldnt be opened with the ignition off when it was manual? I only ran an ignition live up their because the standard wire looked way too small for my liking. I also didnt use an inline fuse, as i took the ignition supply from the fused side of the cabin fan live
Joff

12th May 03 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James, I've got the same problem with mine and I've found no-where to be of any help.

The only thing I can work out is that the spindle isn't aligned against the sunroof rails properly, so misses the teeth and only moves one side of the sunroof or none at all, which makes it jam and drop down at one side.

I don't think it's anything to do with the motor itself, more that it's not fitted properly - I'm looking at putting a spacer plate between the motor and the inside of the roof to drop it down slightly.

jamesw

12th May 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my motors been fitted like 9 month with no probs, only happend the other day =0/

JW
Icy

12th May 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

las yr when i was tryin to fit my motor
the window would go back too
its like one side goes back while the other side is jammed.
few months later it now works
jamesw

12th May 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you not give it some gentle help with a hammer or anything? thing is my sliding cover goes all the way back now, it never used to before =0/

JW
Demo

13th May 03 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put the manual winder back in and check it works ok, then you can see if its a probelm with the motor or the sunroof itself
jm960326

13th May 03 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got no problems with mine, sticked a bit at first, like the motor was stuck but works fine now. You do need to run a sperate supply, not use the light. Get a nice thick cable up there dead easy do, it'll run quicker then too.

I assume the cog that gripps the rood to wind it is slipping, have a look at this, make sure your motor is screwed in tight too.

New Poll