corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Running Rich...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Running Rich...
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
7th Apr 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right as some u already know my cars running shit and is using way to much fuel 50miles to a £10.....And is idling abit bad...

I know i need to clean the icv but i need to know were it is and what it look like....And how do i stop my car from running rich as this is the reason why im using way to much fuel and its costing me a fortune...Ive got a 1.4 16v sport S reg....Do i need to clean the Air flow/Mass sensor is so what shall i clean it with,.....

Any advice welcome

Danny_lad
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Apr 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no afm on a 1.4 16v.

check the cts. these can cause fuelling probs. look on www.topbuzz.co.uk for a guide on how to test it. also look at lambda sensor. these are the two main fuelling sensors. there are lots of other things it could be but both of these can be tested with a set of multimeters for free.

check the plugs. are they black and sooty? thats the first sign of a car running rich.
ricky1989

8th Apr 06 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a suggestion but tried taking down to your local garage?
DaNnY_LaD

9th Apr 06 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was askin on here 1st just to see what it could be before the garage slaughter me.....And can the garage test for the lamba sensor and cts whats Cts..?
ricky1989

9th Apr 06 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any good vauxhall garage will beable to test the sensors i expect...... they tend to do it with computers these days through the ecu..... but your right they probs will slaughter you however it sounds like a job that needs to be done!!!!

New Poll