corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » SONY PSP any good???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SONY PSP any good???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
5th Feb 06 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so whats the verdict on the sony psp guys, its nice but expensive, but has some great games comming out on it soon, im also quite interested in wireless web browsing
if i get it i would mainly use it for browsing net, games, music, videos and pic storag

does anybody use it for that or generally whats your opinions on it, good or bad, pros and cons???

and whats this about the 1.5 firmware being the best??

thanks for any help guys
Ren

7th Feb 06 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its okay i guess. The wireless internet is a handy feature, but the novelty wore off quickly for me. I bought it on the release day, and IIRC it was £200 or there abouts. Its still about that price now, and the way i see it, for an extra £70-80 you could buy an xbox 360. I personally don't think its worth it, with only 3 hours+ of battery life it get used up pretty quick. They need to be handled carefully, and god forbid you ever scratching the screen. The UMD movie selection isnt that great.

If you do get one though, Lumines and a 1GB Card are a must
ssj_kakarot

8th Feb 06 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

da da depends what you want it for, for some strange reason a lot of people seem to forget the main function of the thing is to play games.

tbh the games aint very good on it, most re-hashes of playstation 2 games, or dumbed down ports from other consoles, nothing outstanding on it.

my advice if you want decent games buy a nintendo ds much better games on there.

on the other hand you probally want it more for the media functions e.g umd's, mp3,s internet ect, in which case i think its over priced.

mind you if your into rpg games there are a few that will keep you ocupied.
Robert Pleban

8th Feb 06 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your an rpg fan (like myself) there are some cracking games out for the psp, but they are all ports, and as i have no intention of playing it outside, then the full console versions are a better bet.

But they are a great little toy, ridge racers is a load of fun, and would like to see gran turismo on there soon
ssj_kakarot

8th Feb 06 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

um popolcrois cant remeber how its spelt isnt a port well it is but was only ever released in japan so i assume you wont have played it, meant to be good.

mind you i guess the ps2 would be your best bet for rpg's, mind you im having fun with a few on my gamecube and there are endless ones avalible for the gameboy advance.
Robert Pleban

8th Feb 06 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea thats a one that i havent played, but it is a port

not that ports are a bad thing, Breath of fire 3 and tales of eternia where both fantastic games
ssj_kakarot

8th Feb 06 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah think ill get breath of fire 3 again was an excelent game, still got it for me ps1 up stairs lol.
MoNkEy MaGiC

9th Feb 06 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the wireless web browsing like, what sort of web browser does it use and is it effective??
PaulW

10th Feb 06 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got one myself & there ace

got myself a white giga pack for £187 inc delivery from ebay, ok so it shipped from singapore but I dont care!

So far have...

GTA Liberty City Stories
Lumines
Spiderman 2
Battlefront 2 (altho its not that good)
Burnout legends
PaulW

10th Feb 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also in regards to firmware, 1.5 is ok if your gona run homebrew/copied games...

if not, stick with the latest firmwares

2.0 introduced the web browser i think?? also 2.6 has support for WMA playback, and just seems tidier overall
N16K

11th Feb 06 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get one also buy a memory card (at least 512) as the 32 md card in the value pack is a bit useless, if you can afford it go for the giga pack.

New Poll