corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is there an amount of things you can connect to your fag lighter?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is there an amount of things you can connect to your fag lighter?
woodywoods12345

User status: Offline
   25th Nov 05 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ok, Ive got footwell neons hardwired to the back of my fag lighter and from doing this is a good way, my fag lighter and neons both work at the same time, however i dont normally do them at the same time in case i blow my fuse, ive got a tv (which comes with a connector that fits in2 the fag lighter) and also got an invertor which goes in2 the fag lighter, my question is, could i hardwire all these things up to the back of my fag lighter? As i may want my neons on whilst im playing the ps2.

Is there a certain amount of things i can wire up without having my car melt?

If so, any suggestions of what i can possibly do to hide the wires in another way?
sxibeast

25th Nov 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it not just be easier to run a permanent live with a switch directly from your battery to a distribution block (and obviously an earth)? Save hacking into the cig lighter wiring all the time. Plus im pretty sure it'll only handle so much before the fuse pops.
Dan
Premium Member

25th Nov 05 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ure still gonna have 2 fuse it if u do it like sxibeast says....

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
RKS

25th Nov 05 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cig lighter wiring is only thin and wouldnt be able too handle a dvd and invertor at the same time plus the fag lighter is only on a 10 amp fuse,

you could put a 20 amp fuse in but would probably melt the wires before the fuse popped
woodywoods12345

26th Nov 05 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i think i'll go direct from the battery, does anyone know how to go about this? and what wires i would need? How much am i looking at?
sxibeast

26th Nov 05 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think maplins or car audio direct do a distribution block that has fuses you put in to suit each application.

Run a positive (fuse the cable by the battery also like you would an amp cable) and then take it to the back of your glovebox. Plug in the correct fuse, and earth whatever your wiring up to the body somewhere. Perhaps run a permanent negative to the body somewhere, and then have a little distribution block connected to that purely for earths?

Just an idea! Does that all make sense?
Ally

26th Nov 05 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boss-Audio-4-Way-Car-Amplifier-Fused-Distribution-Block_W0QQitemZ5831772634QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

New Poll