corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » interferance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author interferance
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
12th Aug 05 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put 6 channel amp in car running 6x9s, components and sub, got interferance from engine when i rev it, and indicator noise aswell,

any ideas, would it be coming through the 3 phono leads i am running down the car
Gripe

13th Aug 05 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gmsosolid
just put 6 channel amp in car running 6x9s, components and sub, got interferance from engine when i rev it, and indicator noise aswell,

any ideas, would it be coming through the 3 phono leads i am running down the car

If your running the power and phonos down the same side, it will be coming through. I had this and the problem in the end was the H/U. Changed it and it was sorted.
Richie

13th Aug 05 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be absolutely anything. Does it happen with the engine on and off or just on?

If it happens on both, then i advise you fit an interference suppressor to your headunit, around £7.
Bullet Proof SRi

24th Aug 05 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got phonos down one side and power down the ther side.

got supressors on headunit.

i get the reving noise coming through the speakers.
Will94

24th Aug 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have found some head units when fitted in a corsa pick up and put back out interferance like that... but it comes in2 it thru all 3 power connections. So you need to run it to its own (clean) earth, its own positive feed from the batt and then use a relay (use the old ign live to switch it) for the ign live. Only SOME head units will pick it up tho, i've had 2 previous ones which didnt then the 3rd one did. After connecting it to "clean" power sources/earth it was perfect.
I have seen different amplifiers pick up interferance where others havent tho, is it a JBL GT 755.6 by any chance?

New Poll