corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Paperclip test - fault 19 RPM singal, crankshaft sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paperclip test - fault 19 RPM singal, crankshaft sensor
James@CCC

User status: Offline
26th Jul 05 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya all, hope you can help me

I was driving along the motorway on sunday in mad rain and my car started to act funny. It basically started going crazy whenever it got over a certain amount of revs (i have no revometer so i dont no exactly. Its still doing this now whenever i rev it a little and the paperclip test had thrown back 19, which is the cranksaft sensor rpm signal (its a C20XE engine)

So what exactly does this mean? Do i need a new part or wot? Do you think moisture has got caught in the sensor as the rain was crazy on the motorway.

any help will be grately appreciated
James@CCC

26th Jul 05 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, did some research and have learnt about the crankshaft sensor Thats the good point about having these engines break, you can learn about them easy

Anyway went to have a look at it and saw this

dunno if that shows it well but its basically well deteriorated! Loose and basically a mess.

So i guess i just buy a new wire thingy from vauxhall? Do i need another parts while im there? Is it gonna be a big job, hints and tips etc?

thanks boys
lee mitchell

26th Jul 05 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will always bring up the crankshaft sensor if the engine isnt running when u do the test. although i thought it was no 31
James@CCC

26th Jul 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it always brings up 12 i think it is, not 19. They just both happen to be crank related
lee mitchell

26th Jul 05 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it always bring up 12 to say its testing but also 31 as no rpm crankshaft too. it may be bringing up 19 if it got wet. tape it up and c how it goes to stop water getting on it

[Edited on 26-07-2005 by lee mitchell]
James@CCC

26th Jul 05 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate all seems to be good, except having played around with it, it moved a little too close to the exhaust and melted a bit tonight

More importanly tho i had a bit of a crash tonight and just got toed home. engine runs ok still but its not going anywhere in gear. wot else could this be except for drivehafts as these seem to still be there
lee mitchell

27th Jul 05 at 05:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

linkage probably needs resetting mate

New Poll