corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine light has just come on help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine light has just come on help needed
corsa_boy

User status: Offline
4th Jan 05 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been driving along and the engine light has come on and the car is struggling to idle. Ive tried restarting the car but it is still having problems idleing and the engine light is still on.

Any ideas people?
steve101

4th Jan 05 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try doing the paperclip test, if you search for that you'll find out how you can identify the fault.

Fault sounds like it could be the coolant temperature sensor - cheap, but not the easiest to replace.

But have a look,

good luck
corsa_boy

4th Jan 05 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i did the test and it came back as the Exhaust Gas Re-circulation (EGR) valve is ?!
steve101

4th Jan 05 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh, thats quite common also, i've never had to replace it, but you can find it on the inlet manifold, just below the main injection components IIRC.

I wouldn'timagine it'd be too costly to replace.
corsa_boy

4th Jan 05 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok steve thanks for your advice, the car is still under warranty so ill be taking a little trip tomorrow.

New Poll