corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » People of Corsa Sport... Lend me your ears.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People of Corsa Sport... Lend me your ears.
Gazz

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I have fucked me engine (another one). The last time, I was driving along as you do and was revving it to about 78mph in 3rd gear. Now I did this all the time so I knew the car was capable of it. But this time the oil light came on and that was the end of that engine. I dont have a tachometer so dont know the rpm.

Anyway, along comes engine No. 2. Another C14NZ, I have had this engine for about 20,000 miles and drive it the same as the 1st engine only instead of revving to 78mph, I now do it to 70ish, depending on what size of wheels I am wearing at the time. I check my oil and water every second day (you learn by your mistakes) and it has always been topped up every time it needed topped up. But now this second engine wont rev, al low rpms, it takes a good few seconds to build up until I would say to about 4K and then revs normally.

I was going to stick in a valver, but I have to fund a full respray, need alarm and immobiliser and got some other car things to do as well and I am going to the Carribean in a wee while as well, so the XE will need to wait.

Is the engine fucked and therefore do I need another one, or is it just needing seviced, since I haven't done this in the time since getting the new engine in ?

P.S. The oil light seems to stay on for a split second longer than usual but the oil level is fine, and recently the car has started to stall on me because it cant keep its revs.

Please help people (cash donations welcome)
CorsAsh

3rd Aug 04 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car has some similar probs to yours, even idles at about 700-750rpm instead of 800+...

Check your HT leads, your spark plugs, then do a compression test - could be head gasket prob. Not a big deal on the CXXNZ engines, pretty simple to fix really.

[Edited on 03-08-2004 by CorsAsh]
Gazz

3rd Aug 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will get it seen to, glad someone else is having problems like me and I dont need a new engine.

Would just like to add that I let the car heat up before driving it hard, and I live very near to dual carridgeways and motorways and so I am not driving like a fanny on minor roads.
mossy

3rd Aug 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u want our eyes,not ears
mike_1.2LS96

4th Aug 04 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a spare engine if you need one. Can't have too many spare engines, just in case one lets you down. Then its rolled to the garage and stripped for half a day and rebuilt....

New Poll