corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16+mantzel should it drive like this??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16+mantzel should it drive like this??
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
14th Nov 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since fitting my mantzel box, the car is much much better but it doesnt seem to go through the revs smoothly, between 1000-3000rpm doesnt seem to have changed much over standard.3000-4500 rpm seems to have a flat spot and REALLY takes off at about 5000rpm!!
(alredy has a induction kit and de-cat system.)

is this right? if not is there any way to smooth it out? i was thinking a chip might help?

P.s any guesstimates on what bhp figure to expect with these mods?
broster
Premium Member

14th Nov 04 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt have a flat spot, should pull ok till 5k then pull madly to the limit after that
Joff

14th Nov 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard ECU will be slightly confused with your Mantzel inlet. Try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins or so, but you should really go for a Unichip or a Superchip (Superchips do a dedicated Mantzel-aware chip for the X16 and X14XE's).
broster
Premium Member

14th Nov 04 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the super chip for the manzel is amazing, NOT greasemonkey had it on his, over fueled like a bitch!
miles

14th Nov 04 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Std ecu should work perfectly with the mantzel.
Joff

14th Nov 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles
Std ecu should work perfectly with the mantzel.

But you'll hit the limiter before peak power.
Joff

14th Nov 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
yes the super chip for the manzel is amazing, NOT greasemonkey had it on his, over fueled like a bitch!

Doh. Should have got Lexmaul then.
MoNkEy MaGiC

14th Nov 04 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok... so which "chip" is best to use with the Mantzel powerbox??
how much rev increase will it give??
and besides 5k+ will it increase overall power/torque in the whole rev range??
Col004

14th Nov 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im running a mantzel with a mongoose system with a de-cat, a modified air box and ive just had the mantzel superchip done at well lane turbo center in leeds and it ran 141 brake at the fly wheel and it pulls like a 2L up to about 120 then the 2L has the edge on top end as my mate owns one, no flat spots at all. im well chuffed with the way these mods liven the 1600 up. dont know what the rev limit is as i wont try it coz ive not up-rated the rod bolts which is abit naughty but i do know it rev's past 7500 hehe

[Edited on 14-11-2004 by Col004]
Rhino

15th Nov 04 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is like this...

I got the Dbilas Inlet on mine with a full Mongoose and decat and modded air box.

Dont really seem much difference between 1-3k pulls ok after this then seems really flat after 5k the pulls like feck after 6 to the limiter.

Its shit cos if you take it to the limiter, when you change your right in the flat bit after 5k.

Would a Chip be the answer?
Col004

15th Nov 04 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think a chip would solve it but ive never had these flat spots that you guys are on about even before i had the chip fitted. mine has always pulled from 2500 up-wards and now with the chip it has a smoother and longer rev range which allows me to get 64mph out of 2nd so my 0-60 time from light is well quicker with out having to shift to 3rd.

[Edited on 15-11-2004 by Col004]
Greasemonkey

15th Nov 04 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can vouch i had a mantzel superchip and it caused much overfuelling, juddering at low revs, etc, also a good black cloud of soot used to come out from unburnt fuel, lol, i remember getting 64 in second thats much fun lol
Siberia

15th Nov 04 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i can vouch that the car goes crazy above 4500-5000RPM....

i found this out by mistake the other day.... whilst racing a 1.6 ford focus in a 1/4 mile run...

i had already beat this chap by about 15 lengths but he said that he missed third gear and he want another go. so i decided to shut him up...

so the second time i adjust my start off cos i felt i got way to much wheelspin the first time.

so off we went andf i put the car into second WAYYYYYY to early and killed the engine and he actually got a car length over me but as soon as i hit 4500RPM i just flew past him and beat him by about 8-9 lengths..

i'm still on standard management untill i get the engine rebuilt...

broster
Premium Member

15th Nov 04 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id get a uni chip if your on a budget BUT if you can get some omex second hand them get it, or dta!
ffls

15th Nov 04 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got Mantzel, superchip, sealed induction kit+Mantzel Exhaust, blocked EGR and CCV bypass on my 1.4XE pulls 115bhp.
Had to increase fuel pressure twice, no flat spots, pulls betrer from 2000rpm than flies after 5000 rpm till7200 rpm and has a rev limit of 8000rps ouch! my conrod bolts
Siberia

15th Nov 04 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ffls
I've got Mantzel, superchip, sealed induction kit+Mantzel Exhaust, blocked EGR and CCV bypass on my 1.4XE pulls 115bhp.
Had to increase fuel pressure twice, no flat spots, pulls betrer from 2000rpm than flies after 5000 rpm till7200 rpm and has a rev limit of 8000rps ouch! my conrod bolts

have u got arp's? if not do ya not think yer on the the raged edge of you engine poping.....

i'm afraid to rev my c16xe over 5000RPM

[Edited on 15-11-2004 by Siberia]
broster
Premium Member

15th Nov 04 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
quote:

have u got arp's? if not do ya not think yer on the the raged edge of you engine poping.....

PUSSY BOY!
Siberia

15th Nov 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
quote:

PUSSY BOY!

lemme alone ... it has about 95k on the clock it might break...

have to say on the od time ive had it at 6000RPM it was bloody fast... LOADS of torque up there....

gimme a few months and i'll get it all rebuilt then it will getting it 7500 RPM limit....

needs these first...

broster
Premium Member

15th Nov 04 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on 7200rpm limit with standard bottom end, and it gets used soooo much!
Siberia

15th Nov 04 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ theres gonna be tears there.. your asking for trouble....
broster
Premium Member

15th Nov 04 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
^ theres gonna be tears there.. your asking for trouble....

soon i will wack some tb's on and omex and run 9k on standard bottom end..............

........that was a joke
miles

15th Nov 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be no flat spots at all just because you changed the inlet manifold. If there are I'd want to get rid of them before throwing more money at it with a chip that might not make a jot of difference.
Rhino

15th Nov 04 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what would get rid of the flatspots?

It could cos its not getting enough fuel?

I checked my plugs the other day, first 3 were a sort of white/grey colour and number 4 was black!

What does that mean?
Number 4 is overfueling?
Greasemonkey

15th Nov 04 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it means overfueling if it was dry and black, wet and black is oil, its not that number 4 is overfuleing its just problems seem to show up on cylinders 3 and 4 for some reason but dont quote me
dave17

15th Nov 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
but dont quote me

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll