corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » wireless network help...please

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wireless network help...please
liveseytowers

User status: Offline
12th May 05 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
why is everyone saying try and connect blah blah, it will never work with that IP address he has at the moment, that IP address is saying there is no netowrk connectivity or no dhcp server, without a valid internal ip address it will never work

[Edited on 12-05-2005 by Skinz]

But surely if he connects to the wireless signal then he will obtain an internal IP address, thats the whole point insnt it? XP normally does stuff like this automatically so isnt there a way of resetting the network settings to default? Have you tried it with an Ethernet cable into the router to see if that works?
Skinz

13th May 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's defo cos ur not getting an IP address, the router should dish you one out when you connect to it. But if it won't let you connect to it the only thing I can think to try is put a static IP address is and try that. Check on a machine thats working it's IP Address by doing the ipconfg command I told you earlier.
CorsaLad

14th May 05 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skinz - is the SSID name that you can set for the connection? At the moment we have it set to "linksys". Unfortunately, i don't have the same knowledge as you guys and so some of this is going over my head!

cheers for the help guys
CorsaLad

29th May 05 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Andy GSi

29th May 05 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im having the same problem at my mrs house. one PC is working, but other one will not connect, the signal connection of the wireless is strong. but we cant input the SSID name into the other PC utility settings, can u manually do this? and the PC which doesnt work isnt communication with the router! WEIRD!!

[Edited on 29-05-2005 by andysri]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll