corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ecu memory problem?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ecu memory problem?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
1st May 05 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i keep re-setting the ecu every night, then the codes are still there in the morning!

i getting fault codes for:

immobiliser wrong code
immobiliser no signal
dis pack voltage low on all cylindres
knock sensor wiring
fuel tank vent valve

ive sorted them all now,
knock sensor was a faulty wire,
dis pack was a mistake, i left the plug off while started it up,
fuel tank vent valve was a mistake, i unplugged it while the engine was running,

immobiliser is a strange one tho, seems to have been there since i got the car. doesnt affect the car starting, and doesnt throw the management light on.

if i re-set the ecu (bu disconnecting the battery) and read the fault codes before starting the engine, should the codes still be there? as they wont dissapear, although the engine runs without the management light on!

i left the battery disconnected and the ecu off for 24 hours, then checked the codes, and they were still there, even before starting the engine!

what am i doing wrong?

1995 gsi btw
X 60RSA

1st May 05 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only disconnect my battery for ten minutes, reconnect and they are all gone, unless its still picking up problems as soon as you turn the ignition/strike the engine up in which case they will come back up. Shouldn't make any difference but have u actually disconnected the ECU as well?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st May 05 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, disconnected the ecu as well.

think i found the problem tho, apparently i need to run the car 25 times without the same fault reoccuring untill they will dissapear.

New Poll