corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best RAM for my PC????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best RAM for my PC????
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
31st Oct 04 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TINY, Pentium3, 700Mhz, running windows XP with service pack2
BIOS flashed and upgraded recently and it wont accept my current 2x 133speed 256Mb SD-RAM sticks! it only accepts one stick and only 128mb of it!!!???

what RAM should i get???
and how much?...in terms of MB, SPEED and TYPE/BRAND???
MarkW

31st Oct 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit sorry m8 i forgot to u2u

u need to check if your current memory is pc100 or pc133 should say this somewhere on ur memory - this could be the cause of it only counting to 128mb

if your after getting some new memory i've never had a problem with anything i've bought from MicroDirect...

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=3150&GroupID=0

hope it helps let me know about them different speeds though could be root of ur problem.......
MoNkEy MaGiC

31st Oct 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its ok mate

i was runing windows-Me with the same memory, 2 x 256Mb and it was fine till it totally crashed! and it says pc133 on both memory sticks???

im not really sure what i should get?
but that website is damn cheap dude!

do i HAVE to stick with SD RAM?? cant i not get DDR? wats the difference?
MarkW

31st Oct 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah m8 u cant get ddr - your board won't take it there's a massive difference in performance but like i said your board wont take it - its possible that the memory you got was seriously shit orginally - and Windows me will run pretty much on anything - Windows XP needs a more stable environment, and stable components - this is why you have been unable to install it - personally i'd buy some of that memory from MD and see how u go on......

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best RAM for my PC???? 23 database queries in 0.0077019 seconds