corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Management Light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Management Light
messham11

User status: Offline
6th Apr 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the last few months my EML has come on at 30-40mph for about 7secs then goes off, once a week at most! I had it checked out but no fault codes! Yesterday it came on and hasnt gone off but seems to be running fine. Its goin in the garage friday but does any1 know what it could be?

Cheers
AuroraSport

6th Apr 05 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my eml was coming on then goin off after a few seconds eratticaly - this was my CTS and was causin my car to cut out - u sure its been runnin fine?
messham11

6th Apr 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea idles at 700-800rpm and seems fine. The only thing i noticed when it came on was that when pulling off in 2nd it jerked a few times. My mates was constantly on and the car ran like shit.....pumping x amounts of petrol through....

Will have to wait til friday i suppose................
AuroraSport

6th Apr 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the eml light is on it will log the error code for the garage to read off..if there is no major problems then it might not be anything serious -famous last words lol
messham11

6th Apr 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just drove home and back to work and it didnt come on once!!! WTF????
messham11

18th Apr 05 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only fault that showed up was the o2 sensor. Had it changed and has been fine until today......its come on again! Any ideas anyone?
messham11

18th Apr 05 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
Luke1.4

18th Apr 05 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Have this problem at the moment on my 1.4 16v. But mine is on the motorway at 80mph + comes on occasionally but car is running fine
messham11

18th Apr 05 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea same engine as me. Car seems to be running fine, splutters here and there but not often. Earlier I turned the car off because it came on, and didnt come on again til my journey home! Just dont understand the heap!
Black Stallion SRi

18th Apr 05 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Luke1.4
I Have this problem at the moment on my 1.4 16v. But mine is on the motorway at 80mph + comes on occasionally but car is running fine

i had the exact same problem, took it vaux who said its the EGR valve. didnt bother fixing it and started using optimax and chuckin some redex into once in a while(probably not releated but who knows) not light up for ages now
Tarrantino

19th Apr 05 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tell u wot ur exact problem is, i had it on my corsa, its the sensor thats in the air intake pipe, jsut after the air filter, if u can get a pic i will explain wot part i mean
thedragon

19th Apr 05 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the EML light has to stay on for about 30 secs for it to log a fault code.
mjw_2k2

19th Apr 05 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paper clip test!

http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm
messham11

19th Apr 05 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrantino
i tell u wot ur exact problem is, i had it on my corsa, its the sensor thats in the air intake pipe, jsut after the air filter, if u can get a pic i will explain wot part i mean

I was thinking of putting the old airbox back on incase it was my induction kit! You could well be right!!
Luke1.4

19th Apr 05 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrantino

I know which part you mean because i have taken off and cleaned most sensors do you know the price of a new one of these?

I am going to block the egr off at the weekend because if it isnt a problem now im sure it will be in the future. Think ill get some redex to can only help

New Poll