corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which Driveshafts/Hubs on an XE?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which Driveshafts/Hubs on an XE?
ComboKing

User status: Offline
30th Mar 05 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to know what inner cv's/driveshafts/outer cv's/hubs/bearings you are all running with? To date, I know of CossVaux, M-Tech and Astra GTE shafts/hubs with the steering knuckles machined with group A bearings. If there are any other reliable ways of doing it please let me know. Ive been reading up on the forum and it appears that J100RSA, BeArDy and lee mitchel makes and sell their own?

With all that torque i dont want to find out that ive spent money on something that will break after 5000 miles which could inturn cause an accident and who knows what else could happen. I also dont want to be changing driveshafts etc every couple of months, i want to get it right first time but dont want to spend silly amounts so appologies if this has been mentioned before.

Cheers

Steve

[Edited on 30-03-2005 by ComboKing]

[Edited on 30-03-2005 by ComboKing]
ComboKing

31st Mar 05 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone? Somebody must have used one of these kits before or using the GTE shafts?
Rileysport

31st Mar 05 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cossvaux in seffield seem to have decent prices atm do a google search
Siberia

31st Mar 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa ones with astra inner cv's

Disclaminer: U may go through outer cv's quicker....
ComboKing

31st Mar 05 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that Corsa GSI shafts with the astra/cav inner cv's and standard corsa outer cv's/hubs and bearings?
Rileysport

31st Mar 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ you'll break something
ComboKing

31st Mar 05 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SRI-Co I see from previous posts that you are doing an XE conversion, which shafts/inner/outer cv's/hubs/bearings are you going to use?
Rileysport

31st Mar 05 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking like everything cossvaux at the mo, if not just cos they're fairly local and quite reasonably priced
ComboKing

31st Mar 05 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the Cossvaux hubs are just Astra GTE hubs machined down to fit standard corsa bearings. Is there any truth in this?
Rileysport

31st Mar 05 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a clue mate... but i'll find out
ComboKing

31st Mar 05 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post your findings then mate as i would also like to know the truth behind this!?!
ComboKing

31st Mar 05 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone using both CossVaux driveshafts and hubs? What inner and outer cv joints are you using aswell as bearings?
Wilero

2nd Apr 05 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt use cossvaux, not really sure that they know the meaning of customer service, all you'l get (after a long wait and loads of chasing phone calls) is machined down vaux hubs and a load of abuse if theres a slight prob, call LMF and get some quality stuff, not the cowboys from shefield.
myke

2nd Apr 05 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can machine astra/cav/cally hubs down to the dimensions of the corsa hub then use corsa bearings, but the wall thickness of the hub will be tiny and they'll deform next time you have to take them out. with this option you can use cav/cally/astra cv's with either the shafts off the donor (n/s slightly too long, but they do fit) or custom ones frommtech/cossvaux.

same idea is to get custom hubs from mtech/cossvaux. they will be dimensionally the same as your machined ones, but they are infact cut from scratch out of a higher grade material, so wont get damaged upon removal.

also could keep corsa hub, bearing, outercv, then get a mk2 cav 1600 22spline inner cv that will go into the big block diff.

or another option is tapered shafts that go from normal cav/cally/astra innercv to the standard corsa outer cv/hub/and bearing.

i'm personaaly using calibra equal length drive shafts, calibra cv's, corsa bearings, and cossvaux hubs. no problems with this setup yet. (been in about 8months)

cossvaux may be a bit slow to post out stock, but he'll come up trumps in the end.
ComboKing

2nd Apr 05 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the long post myke, much appreciated!

I think im going to use Astra GTE inner cv's, Astra GTE driveshafts, Vectra hubs and bearings (5 stud) then machine the knuckles to fit the hubs.

See how i get on with this setup, if its no good then il change the knuckles and get some aftermarket hubs.

[Edited on 02-04-2005 by ComboKing]
Jay

2nd Apr 05 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Myke how much are the cossvaux hubs?

New Poll