corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hub
stevenford_uk

User status: Offline
17th Jan 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know this has been asked before but i cant find the thread,
i am fitting the cav driveshafts to my corsa (i know one is slightly too long but i dont mind) so how much meat do i need to take off the cav hub to fit the corsa bearing? and where on the hub (just the sticky out shaft bit or the face as well?
thanks
TOMAS

17th Jan 05 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Serious mate you need the dimensions of someone who has allready done one that fits properly. You turn down the shaft section AND bearing face. I made the mistake of only getting the shaft done - pressed it in only to find it was wrong and ruined the bearings!! TBH Seriously get some Cossvaux ones (£160 per pair) or buy some off of someone like on mig who supply the machined ones that are machined correctly. Speak to LM styling as im sure he may do some...
stevenford_uk

17th Jan 05 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cossvaux driveshafts or hubs?
iwould like proper driveshafts, but jus aint got the money available for them.

[Edited on 17-01-2005 by stevenford_uk]
TOMAS

17th Jan 05 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cossvaux hubs take 2.0 16V CV joints so you can use whatever shafts you like so long as they go into 2.0CV joints....

Im running Cossvaux shafts and hubs and no problems - oh and the £160 was for a pair of hubs only. Honestly this is the bit where most conversions fail so make sure you spend the money and get it right first time around. Std Astra shafts are a little too long for the conversion really.
stevenford_uk

17th Jan 05 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would be usin cav shafts, and its only for a turbo derv, to make it more drivable. so there aint any real issue bout ripping driveshafts apart
TOMAS

17th Jan 05 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ dont understand what your saying? What you could do is take your old Corsa hub along with the cav 2.0 hub to a good local engineers and get them to measure the external dia of the corsa hub shaft and also the distance between bearing mating face and brake disc mating face as this is the bit that also needs machining down
stevenford_uk

17th Jan 05 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone have a link to any pics of what needs doing to the cav hubs to fit corsa bearings?
i am confused now
James_DT

17th Jan 05 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's not doing a 2L conversion, he's putting a Cav Diesel lump into a Corsa, but keeps forgetting to make this clear.
stevenford_uk

17th Jan 05 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooohhh sorry,

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hub 23 database queries in 0.0047128 seconds