corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Petrol problem...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol problem...
Al3X

User status: Offline
13th Feb 05 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just picked up my new Corsa Sport yesterday, and im having trouble getting any sizable amount of petrol in it.

As soon as i pull harder on the pump thing it clicks back on me, even though the tank is no where near full. I tried different petrol stations and i still does it, took me about 5 minutes just to get £5 worth in it. Its bloody annoying, and soloutions?

I did try different positions for the nozzle etc... nothing seemed to work. Its strange because my old Corsa LS was fine and so its my mates sport

Cheers guys
Adam-D

13th Feb 05 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put the nozzle in
then turn it 90 degrees so its sideways this normally works
Al3X

13th Feb 05 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll try that next time. I did try lots of positions but not quite 90 degrees. What causes it anyway? My mums micra has the same problem.
Carr

13th Feb 05 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to get this on my dna ped thing as there was a narrow tube going down to the tank so it used to rush back up if you did it too fast but if you did it a bit slower then it just went in without rushing up. obviously this didnt matter as much as you could only get a fivers worth of petrol inat a time anyway. ina car it would piss me off
Adam-D

13th Feb 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats nothing compared to my car i got 7p's worth and no matter what we did including the guy who works ther we couldnt get it to take anymore

went to a different petrol station and all was fine?
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Feb 05 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a door just inside the neck which may have become dislodged as its only a push fit in to the pipe, have a look in and check nothing is out of place.

New Poll