corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help please
dragoncorsa

User status: Offline
24th Nov 03 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just taken my car to a garage cos my exzorst is popping and farting and im not getting all the power out of, but i had a luk at the exzorst and there is no holes or anything, all i can tel u is the power is there but its not coming out, the car is holding back
i think its strange considerin iv got a decat pipe to encourage power to come out????????
its a 1.6 gsi any1 got any ideas please???????
Greg_M

24th Nov 03 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be valve seals mate, or head gaskets
Greasemonkey

24th Nov 03 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like you got a sticky valve maybe, it sounds like the car is over fueling
dragoncorsa

24th Nov 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the car was over fueling it wud b eatin the petrol? yeh? it doesnt seem to drinkin like a fish petrol is goin down at normal rate? this is the 1st seriuos problem iv had with it so hope its not to costly cos i was just about to get started on body kit after xmas
Greasemonkey

24th Nov 03 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its miss fireing if its popping on the exhaust, how many miles has ya GSI done, my statred doing this, my car is in the garage at the mo getting the replacment re-built engine looked over!!! Dont think it will be that bad though, you getting any smoke when ya boot it
dragoncorsa

24th Nov 03 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes there is like a bluely grey smoke about 75 thousand miles
Greasemonkey

24th Nov 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear, this is how my troubles all started, is the smoke constant, or is it just a cloud on gear change, if its constant at high revs, ya piston rings are fried, if its only gear changes your oil valve stem seals have gone, this could cause the popping, having a slight bit of oil in the combustion chamber might cause the miss fire??????????
Greasemonkey

24th Nov 03 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's probably some thing stupid mate, but it does sound like you could do with a slight re-build
dragoncorsa

24th Nov 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers mate im off to c wot garage has to say but im now not lookin forward to it!
cheers anyway fella
userstephl

24th Nov 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bf has just fixed a corsa gsi with exactly the same problem it was the head gasket now its runnin fine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help please 23 database queries in 0.0127778 seconds