corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE cutting out?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE cutting out?
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
30th Dec 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My XE has cut out on me a few times whilst driving and after a run eg:stopped to fill up with petrol it refuses to start, it just turns over. After leaving it for 5-10mins it strikes up first time.

My crank position sensor has become bent and frayed, I've ordered a new one, £65! Could this be 1 problem?

Plus my dizzy seal is leaking quite bad now, could oil be entering the dizzy and therefore giving me no spark?

I know i wont really know until i play about and start cleaning a few bits and bobs, but i'm assuming its going to be an electrical problem, fucked sensor/dirty etc?

All help apprecited, thanks!
Nic Barnes

30th Dec 04 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the dizzy seal, is it leaking inside the cap?

mine has been doing something similar this last week, except trying to cut out and wont rev when driving it, then dies. think my crank sensor is on its way out as well as its ran in a strange place originall on the engine.

does the ecu light come up at all?
X 60RSA

30th Dec 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure exactly where its leaking, appears to be at the dizzy end of the block, running down the head, but could be running into the dizzy, haven't checked this yet.

The ECU light doesn't come on. I assume it would if the sensor was dodgy, or it could be loose? BUT when it did come loose the ECU light should illuminate, i duno?

If mines an intermitent fault i assume fault diagnosis wouldn't be any good until it has actually cut out on me?

Be fcuked if i know....

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by X 60RSA]

Nic Barnes

30th Dec 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well as soon as a sensor fails, the ecu should store it, but as you say the light would come on. mine does, but only comes up with lambda fault, and it wouldn cut out with just that. if its leaking down the head, it wont be inside the dizzy cap i wouldn have though. possibly a fuel pump relay fult or something??????

mine seems to smell like petrol when it does it, but i cnt see anything leaking to suggest thats what my fault is, although the way it dies does suggest mine is a lack of fuel
X 60RSA

30th Dec 04 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine used to smell of petrol, adjusted the valve slightly to reduce it and it has cured the problem, but I'm on a de-cat pipe and i believe that even under normal fuel pressure on tick over it might smell of petrol due to the de cat pipe? Maybe I am starving it slightly but its fine through the gears at all rev ranges.........

My mate gave me some injector cleaner, some £30 stuff that he uses at there garage that can cause cancer! Sounds harsh but it might help if thats one problem.........

I've ordered a new crank sensor/cable, see how it runs with that, if no luck then i'll hae to go get it plugged in.....

New Poll