corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Infinity Woofer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Infinity Woofer
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
31st Jan 05 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished installing Infinity 6000cs front comps. Tweeters sound great, but the front woofers sound rly quiet in comparison to the 6x9 which are only 10W RMS more. (like RLY quiet). They are working because you can feel the mesh vibrating. Is it a normal thing or has anybody got any ideas what could be wrong? thanks.Mike
Richie

31st Jan 05 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got em hooked up to a headunit or amp? You checked headunit settings?
Mike2k111

31st Jan 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh they are all wired up to the head unit mate. its possible that its something to do with the setting on the headunit but im not too sure on what they should be set to. Its a Pioneer P6000r head unit 4x45W. Ive had the FIE on to see how it sounded but only cut high frequencies from the rear 6x9. Cant find a setting to get some louder sound from the woofer. Thanks, Mike
Mike2k111

6th Feb 05 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I posted about a week ago about my Infinity 6000cs woofer not sounding too bassy. Just had the doors off at the weekend and everything is connected right. Had a quick listen and can hear some lower and some higher frequencies vocals comming from the woofer?? I always thought that the woofer was just for lower frequencies. The tweets sound amazing but im a little disappointed with the woofers at the moment. Can anyone shed any light on this? Im thinking it may be a setup problem rather than a connection problem due to what i mentioned earlier. My head unit is a Pioneer p6000r 4x45W by the way...I really hope someone has an idea, its taking me ages lol..cheers guys
Richie

6th Feb 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They arent woofers as such, they are more midrange speakers.

You wont get much bass out of them anyway as they arent designed for it. If you want more punch from them, they will need an external amplifier, as your headunit only gives each speaker roughly 20wRMS, wheras their recommended input power is 75wRMS.
Mike2k111

6th Feb 05 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate. I was pretty sure that i had them set up right. Just read another post about the whole sound quality vs sound quantity. Cant argue with the quality of them so i may look at amping them when i get some time. cheers for ur help m8

New Poll