corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » anyway to fit a mfd without the wiring loom

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyway to fit a mfd without the wiring loom
Korsa

User status: Offline
16th Jan 05 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically my car didn't have a mfd, so i got one off arnie (rip 2 his car )

fits fine obviously but theres no loom or anything to connect it.... is there anyway to connect it?

[Edited on 16-01-2005 by Korsa]
suchcorsa1.2_8v

16th Jan 05 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt have an mfd in my corsa orginally so i got one off ebay. all u do is take out the centre console and the is a plug taped up on the wriring loom all corsa have the wiring just untaped the plug, plug it in to the back of the mfd and it should work. Thats what i did with mine anyway.

russb

16th Jan 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the MFD that bit in the middle which has a clock/tempature thing? if it is my m8's wiring for it was behind all the dash bit!
suchcorsa1.2_8v

16th Jan 05 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is mate, the wiring is behind the dash just follow the loom down and u will find the plug taped up to the loom, its the same with back speakers even though there arent any there the wiring is still there just taped up.
BromleyBoy

16th Jan 05 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the loom is manafactured for the top spec car and fitted on every model just not completely utalised
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jan 05 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all cars get all the wiring, usually the plugs are there and taped up if the part was a factory option. MFD would come with upgraded radio which you could have in a merit for example, but electric window loom isn't as it wasn't offered as an option.
Korsa

19th Jan 05 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt very much the loom is there.... what else can i do....?

is everything like the date clock inside the mfd itself? if i get power to it will it display the clock etc... i'm thinkin that the temp bit it eternal...
James_DT

19th Jan 05 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you just cut a plug off a Corsa in a scrappie, and simply connect the 12v live, ground, ig live and illumination wires, it'll show the time & date as it should. Get the temp sensor from the same Corsa, you can also wire that up too. 2 wires for that IIRC.

Bad explaination, but it's very possible.

New Poll