corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » door loom and electric windows

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author door loom and electric windows
M4tt

User status: Offline
21st May 03 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many wires do i need in my door loom for me to beable to fit electric windows easily.

i've only got 8, i don't think that enough?
M4tt

21st May 03 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im a little confused actually.

is the door loom the thing that the black rubber hosing plugs into?

or is it the black rubber housing itself?

Also where am i looking to see if i have the wiring for electric windows?

is it inside the rubber rubber hosing ( i've only got 8 in there)

or in the car its self - haven't checked that yet.

hope you get what im on about !

cheers
M4tt

21st May 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've just checed my fuse box and i don't havea fuse in place where electric windows are.

does that mean i don't have the wiring for em :?
Mav 3000

21st May 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It means you don't have the wiring for electric windows or electric mirrors. I have the same problem.

The way you can get around this is to buy the multiplugs (the connector in the door hinge) from a Corsa down the scrappies that has the wiring in it, then wire it up to your esisting loom and wire in the new wires to their correct desinatins etc.

I had to buy a whole dash loom in order to get around this problem. If you've got a 3dr Corsa look for high-spec models in which to pinch the loom from.

In the end, I managed to get a dash loom from Vauxhall Performance Spares Club (www.VPSC.co.uk).

Hope this helps.

New Poll