corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » throttle body help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author throttle body help?
Dione J

User status: Offline
   12th Jan 05 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

Has anyone tried to fit a 2.0 throttle body (off any late vauxhall 2.0 engines - cavaliers, etc) to a 1.4 8V Corsa SRi engine before? I tried this for an experiment and it sort of worked but due to I use my car daily too and from work it kind of never got set-up correctly so I went back to the standard one but really notice the difference in the pulling, the car felt like a 1.6 16V lol.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated?

Rileysport

12th Jan 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you fit the full plenum etc off the 8v 2.0 you might get results, ive got on elaying around, was going to look at this myself
Dione J

12th Jan 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else??
ffls

12th Jan 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In theory you should remap to suit bigger throttle body, using a Unichip for instance, to sort the mixture, if not it will run lean I guess
miles

12th Jan 05 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 8v throttle bodys are much bigger than the 16v ones if they are the same as the 1.6 8v ones anyway, so I cant see any gain tbh.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

13th Jan 05 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably could improve airflow due to having a larger intake, but unlikely to make any major gains apart from throttle response

"pulls like a 1.6 16v"
sri14

13th Jan 05 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt think that a 2.0 plenum would fit as the ports wouldnt line up as its big block. was the 2.0 throttle body easy to fit, ie streight swap. have looked at my 1.4 8v throttle body and thought a larger butterfly might help a bit

Rileysport

13th Jan 05 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno about the full plenum fitting, i'll look next week when the engine's out
ffls

13th Jan 05 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And what about bigger throttle for 1.416v or 1.616v?
These are sold by several companies at an outrageous price ieMantzel, courtenay regal
Just 2 or 3 bhp more but...everything counts
Dione J

13th Jan 05 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles
The 8v throttle bodys are much bigger than the 16v ones if they are the same as the 1.6 8v ones anyway, so I cant see any gain tbh.

The 1.4 8V throttle bodies are way smaller than the 2.0 cavalier 16V throttle body, hence the difference in diamater and more airflow = more bhp, not sure how much it is but it made a good difference with pick up performance
Dione J

13th Jan 05 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ffls
In theory you should remap to suit bigger throttle body, using a Unichip for instance, to sort the mixture, if not it will run lean I guess

Thankyou at least someone talks sense, cheers for the advice

New Poll