corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » velos torque tube fitting?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author velos torque tube fitting?
snottysnowy1

User status: Offline
24th Aug 04 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got mine today im putting it on my x16xe as its out of the car for the moment(waiting on conversion)..the thing is the instructions i got were pretty crap..(just one sheet of typed instructions) just wondered if anyone knows f a guide or walkthrough with pics to make it easier..thanks
snottysnowy1

24th Aug 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Joff

24th Aug 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know how to remove the standard inlet manifold? I've got a guide for the Lexmaul one if it'll help at all.
Greasemonkey

24th Aug 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its dead easy matey cos ya got a X16XE, ya just replace the upper inlet manifold, but i have heard the velos ones are a pig to fit, i fitted a mantzel to my C16XE so have done the conversion if ya need help
snottysnowy1

24th Aug 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any help would be great...if ya can post links or pics id appreciate it...

http://www.velosmotorsport.co.uk/torq.htm

is what came in the kit...
Greasemonkey

24th Aug 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep look easy dude, the big black pipe, stick this on the end of the throttle body to go to your air box/induction kit, traingle piece of metal is to replace /block off you EGR valve, the gaskets are, 1 for top of lower inlet, one for throttle body to aother half of throttle body and other one is throttle body to torque tube, the vacume hose from servo goes in the hole on the tourqe tube, the t piece is used to modify the vacume hoses so they aint plumbed into the original inlet system
snottysnowy1

26th Aug 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok took inlet manifold off and still not got a clue..seriously the instructions are a piece of crap...heres an example ...

"Remove Idle Stabilisation valve from the throttle body and drill mounting holes 7mm. Turn isv through 180 degrees and refit"

right where is this ISV? drill mounting holes where? (in my ass?) Turn 180 degrees? (clockwise or anti clockwise?) refit?(to what?)
now you see what im working with...please help me..
lee mitchell

26th Aug 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

velos are shit to fit
broster
Premium Member

26th Aug 04 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by snottysnowy1

Turn 180 degrees? (clockwise or anti clockwise?)

pmsl, surely it wont matter!!
snottysnowy1

26th Aug 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but when i turn it 180 degrees it doesnt tell me where it actually goes to refit it..gonna ring velos and ask him to fax some clearer instructions(thats if i get an answer as the are no more i heard)
Joff

26th Aug 04 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ISV sounds like the Idle Control Valve.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/garage.php?action=usergarage&owner=Joff&carid=1278
Joff

26th Aug 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, I'm pretty sure it can't be refitted round the other way as the two holes that secure it to the engine are spaced differently from the valve body.
Greasemonkey

26th Aug 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It means drill the throttle body mounting holes to 7mm, i had to drill the holes on my throttle body to fit the new bolts, double check to be sure, maybe ya gotta turn it 180 so the plug clears the inlet or summit
snottysnowy1

26th Aug 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just realied i made the comment about turning 180 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise...hehehe...and i used to teach maths... think beardy is gonna fit it when i get conversion done...cheers anyway

New Poll